Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay doesn't want people to know what things cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
So, it's been a pain in the ass for a while now to even pull up the completed listings...

...now they don't want us to know how much things sold for?

2012 Topps Five Star Baseball Cubs Auto Team Set Sandberg Banks Dawson | eBay

ebaybin.jpg

Apologies if this has been covered...I haven't been around much.

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Not sure why people are having problems. Right at the top of my ebay listings, when I do a search, right above the results, there are links to the completed items, sold items, and active items, which I absoluely love that they allow you to filter out all the crap that didn't sell so you can get a REAL sense of the actual market values on items.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He's talking about accepted best offers. They've been hidden for a few weeks on regular computers but you can still see the accepted offers if you do a search completed items on an iOS device, and eBay.ca as has been noted.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Not sure why people are having problems. Right at the top of my ebay listings, when I do a search, right above the results, there are links to the completed items, sold items, and active items, which I absoluely love that they allow you to filter out all the crap that didn't sell so you can get a REAL sense of the actual market values on items.

Please share your magic with the rest of the class Bill.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Saw where Ebay is doing a rolling change and in next few months you will require Terapeak to see completed listings.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012

Was glad when this became a part of the regular site, they've had it in the mobile app for a while now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RipitRipken

Jan 4, 2013
Here's what I think....

I think ebay may have a unofficial partnership with some of the third party researching companies such as Terapeak. In the last six months I've seen an influx of articles, promotions and such for websites that allow you to run "completed listings" data for up to a year and you can see "or best offer" sales with these premium services.

I wouldn't be surprised if ebay soon makes you pay for a "premium" account of theirs, or there's some advantage for them to close it down so people go to third party premium sites.

Just my $.02.

It sure is frustrating though, I didn't know about the .ca tip....thanks!

marterburn

First (OK, not first, but first lately) the elimination of the *wildcard, now this....agggghh...eBay is definitely no longer a customer driven company....not they have been for awhile now. My business will increasingly go to COMC now.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
if you have a link for a completed best offer listing... to check the price... just change the .com to .ca.... will work every time

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
point is who the hell wants to do that to see a real price. Ebay will fix that and lock people out from seeing this soon enough

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I am also frustrated with this. This is a link is above the pricing when you list an item: "Get ideas about pricing by searching completed listings" What is the point of having this if you can't get an idea about pricing?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Wasn't talking about iPhones, and Zach...your computer must be special in some way as to avoid the changes...;)

Oops, I forgot I have that special computer. :cool:

I find the completed at the top of the search, click on it and it reveals all of the completed auctions, ones with green prices are sold.

Is this what you're referring to?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Oops, I forgot I have that special computer. :cool:

I find the completed at the top of the search, click on it and it reveals all of the completed auctions, ones with green prices are sold.

Is this what you're referring to?

It is true for auctions but not listing that were sold via "Best Offer".

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
tHE .CA does not include all the ended auctions that the normal .com does. .ca or .au doesnt help too much.

Members online

Latest posts