Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "It's So Hard To Say Good Buy" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Sometimes its hard to give a little insight on the purchases we make. But I thought I'd create a thread for this group to display recent purchases and the reason's why these prospecting purchases are good buys for you. Feel free to share.

I'll start. Again feel free to participate or not.

Robert Stephenson Blue Refractor Auto's +/- $55.00

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Robert Stephenson Blue Refractor Auto Autograph Reds | eBay

Reason: Believe me. Being a die-hard Brewers fan there's nothing that pains me more than prospecting someone more from the NL Central. But keeping personal biases out of it is the trick, no? Anyhow, I found Blue Refractors around 55.00 a steal! I pulled the trigger on Stephenson as he's seen an uptick in his already-plus fastball and now shows potential plus pitches in his curveball and changeup. Still very young and probably headed back to the Midwest League, he'd have a ton of potential price increase points along the way in a solid market in Cincinnati.

Thoughts appreciated too. Thanks.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I've read that his secondary pitches exceeded pre draft scouting reports and I couldn't wait to own my first Super:

2012 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects JOSE BERRIOS Gold X FRACTOR 1/1 | eBay

$(KGrHqZ,!oQFCsFzpUeUBQurzoKSrw~~60_57.JPG

His k/bb ratio in Rookie ball is something like 50:5. I jumped into BDP looking to buy Zunino and Dahl, but ended up buying this guy for 2 weeks first. He'll also be in the WBC though is probably one of the most inexperienced players selected.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm just grabbing cheap Sterling autos.

Nothing against Elites, but I hate that picture they used. No logos is one thing; pictures that look like they came from a high school "candids" page are lame.

Personally, I never saw the appeal with Elite/EEE. But, if it's a /10 someone will snag it if the guy gets hot. Can someone explain the appeal of Elite to me?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks. And BTW. It's time for a feaking sig change by you already. I think you've had that sig since BMB!

Get Jbel to do you an updated Yount sig.

See, at this point, I take pride in the fact that I have one of the most consistant, if not THE most consistant, signatures on this board. I've monkey'd with some of the catchphrases and the avatar has changed; but at this point, I don't ever see myself changing. I can only imagine the possibilities at this point though; there are some talented mo'fos on this board.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
See, at this point, I take pride in the fact that I have one of the most consistant, if not THE most consistant, signatures on this board. I've monkey'd with some of the catchphrases and the avatar has changed; but at this point, I don't ever see myself changing. I can only imagine the possibilities at this point though; there are some talented mo'fos on this board.

Mine came over from BMB as well.

Challenge accepted!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Mine came over from BMB as well.

Challenge accepted!

If I make a new one, it'll be to XXXX with that jtrindlewhatever guy with the Benghazi stuff in his signature. Something along the lines of: "all Republicans can do it make stuff up and attack the first black president."

I figure that would piss him off.

Latest posts