Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help from an experienced 2000 Pacific Invincible Collector, the backs are in Spanish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
I just acquired a bunch of these and after I got to noticing all of the writing on the back of the cards is in spanish. Are these rare? I can get a list/scans of what I have if anyone is interested. Let me know, any help is appreciated!!!!

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
Ok, so it looks like, this is the way they come. Just checked out COMC. Still tho, I would like to know if these things are even desirable, there aren't too many completed listings on ebay for them!!!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Beautiful set. Johan Santana RC is the big card. Purples are nice /299 & Blues /67 are awesome.

Base cards aren't that desirable

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Pacific started out as the Spanish language card manufacturer in 1993. Originally their cards, like the 1993 shown below, were all in Spanish.

93PACIFIC.jpg

As years went by, some of their brand lines became dual Spanish / English backs. Later all English on some brands.

2000 Pacific Invincible was groundbreaking as the first memorabilia card per pack if I'm not mistaken. The product was popular at release, and had great patch cards. The controversial Manny Ramirez bat swatch card with cork also helped the product gain notoriety. Base cards didn't drive this product though, and there's nothing special about the backs being in Spanish.

patch057.jpg

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
Thanks guys!!!! I got 13 purples /299 and 3 blues /67. The most notable purples are frank thomas, barry bonds, and cal ripken. The only blue of note is tim hudson. Didn't get the johan unfortunately. They are really cool. A die cut thing, with acetate in the middle. I didn't get any memorabilia cards. I am only into them for $3 so not bad I guess!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts