Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Belongs in the Basketball Section...or Does It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I don't see a reason for Leaf to be upset. Crusades were originally in Donruss products, and Donruss is owned by Panini so I don't see a problem

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
[MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] will surely be all over this. Whether he can win the argument is another thing, but he'll threaten, no doubt about that. Having Valiant and Crusades out at the same time in the same market is a bigger problem than "prismatic" v. "prizm".

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I guess Leaf can cancel any plans they had for Valiant basketball:benson:.

A 300-card Crusade insert set? That means a whole lotta scrubs. Classic Panini. I wonder if they're going to do an unlicensed baseball prospects version next just to try and spite Leaf?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
To be fair, Leaf did the 90s insert throwbacks before Upper Deck and Panini thought of it.

Sure, Valiant is a direct play on Crusades, but Leaf still gets the cookie for the foresight in the rerelease of 90s styled inserts.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The battle of the Crusade. I bet Panini really steps up their game and knocks it out of the ball park.

Have you seen the awesomeness topps has put out since Leaf decided to copy the superfractor? The Superfractors from topps look amazing... not dull like Leaf. Blue Wave, Camo border, Emerald and soon Silver Slate. Its like topps saw the knock off and said... here big guy.... copy this.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
The battle of the Crusade. I bet Panini really steps up their game and knocks it out of the ball park.

Have you seen the awesomeness topps has put out since Leaf decided to copy the superfractor? The Superfractors from topps look amazing... not dull like Leaf. Blue Wave, Camo border, Emerald and soon Silver Slate. Its like topps saw the knock off and said... here big guy.... copy this.

In other words, competition is good?

To be fair, Leaf did the 90s insert throwbacks before Upper Deck and Panini thought of it.

Sure, Valiant is a direct play on Crusades, but Leaf still gets the cookie for the foresight in the rerelease of 90s styled inserts.

Or their constant litigation and brow beating provided a sore spot and has inspired a throw back, tag team, coup de gras.

Sent from my motorolla startac.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Oh come on guys you're just being silly, what kind of person is going to sue over an idea they "borrowed" from somebody else?

Members online

Latest posts