Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

which were the toughest a rod road to 500 inserts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Some sell really well, others not so much....what is the best way to sell these? How can i know which SHOULD sell high?

Thanks.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The odds for each product used to be printed in the Beckett mags a couple years ago.

I think it's the ones inserted in topps opening day that had the lowest insertion ratio, and were therefore valued highest.

edit: found it...

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2007_Topps_A-Rod_Road_to_500

NOTE: Due to the unpopularity of the set, cards inserted into packs of 2007 Topps Opening Day (#ARHR76-ARHR100) sell for a tremendous premium.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
These things were going for crazy money at the time.I sold off a set piece by piece for $50 per card. The twenty five cards passed less than 45 minutes before all the BINS were hit.

I'm hofmichael and I approve this message.

Doesn't it seem like once they started going crazy, people would've started buying 2007 Opening Day just for the 1 arod card?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Doesn't it seem like once they started going crazy, people would've started buying 2007 Opening Day just for the 1 arod card?

They went crazy after Opening Day was no where to be found. I had access to retail boxes Aster the frenzy started. I would buy boxes for $15 sell the arod for $40 and the sets for $10. I miss those opportunities where there was no way to lose.

I'm hofmichael and I approve this message.

Members online

Latest posts