Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Standard shipping time-frame expectation(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I had a buyer message the following message to me today in regards to an item he purchased from me on 22APR13:

"Man your shipping process takes a bit. Wow. No card yet??'

I responded with an apology of him feeling that the shipping speed is slow and ensured that he had the tracking information.

His response:

"I buy from one buyer in California. Pay Monday received Wed. Your tracking info just showed up as mailed yesterday."

He is correct that the information just showed up yesterday (24APR13). I shipped it on 23APR13 (day after payment) but from where I sent it out after standard business hours, it wasn't collected/processed until the next day.

Curious as to what the board's take is on this situation - is he being overly anxious about receiving the card or would you also be upset about this matter?

Thanks

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I go by the s/h time listed in the description. Even then, I won't message a seller unless its been two weeks from the time I paid, which is never more than a couple of hours after the auctions end.

Guy needs to get a grip.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
As a seller, I make sure that the delivery of the item gets there in time so that it does not give to buyer an option to rate delivery time-frame.

As a buyer, I'm patient...but once it exceeds eBay's really lax expectations of delivery, it falls on the seller not following through. I don't ask for much...just be honest. I just bought something where after I paid, the seller said it wouldn't ship for a week until he got back from vacation. Totally asinine for the seller to not have a "seller is away" message or similar, but regardless...if he ships when he said he will ship...he will get 5 stars. If it's more than two late...1 star. Zero in between when there is clear communication and zero follow-through.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I mail everything within 24 hours unless its a weekend or holiday. This buyer seems like a dick and is being a dick, so tell the dick what I tell impatient people - "Write a letter to the Post Master General".

Of course buyers tend to think you are responsible for hand delivering an item and updated tracking information by the second...So this guys ******* are likely going to choke him if you quote me in response.

I would appreciate his ID so that I can not do business with him.

As a buyer - I am patient as long as I have no reason to expect a speedious delivery, such as when I pay for overnight and I get and item five days later as First Class.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
The buyer is an idiot. There are plenty of them.

So many people are completely unreasonable. They don't understand or care that the seller has no control over how long the post office takes to ship or update the tracking info. I don't contact the seller unless it's been 2 weeks since payment, and I never even bother checking the tracking info unless it's been 10+ days or so. Nobody has any patience anymore.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If you ship free and state when you will be shipping the card in your settings and ship within those settings, they can't leave you any feedback for it..

I have seen some sellers have thiers way out for weeks so they won't get dinged..

I would reply and let him know that you have shipped within 24 hours and you can't be held responsible for how long USPS takes.. Sometimes the tracking is delayed by a day or so..

Good luck,

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I can't fathom the mindset of somebody who complains about something getting shipped the day after payment. That is just unfathomable to me. As long as somebody isn't sitting on my payment for longer than a week, I generally don't get curious enough to even send a note.

As a seller, I almost exclusively ship the next business day, with occasional instances of shipping on the 2nd business day. If somebody has an issue with that, then screw 'em.

I had one guy late last year who bought a couple of PSA graded 1957 Topps cards. About a $300 transaction if memory serves me correctly. He paid early on Friday morning and I didn't notice the payment before I left for work. Didn't have a chance to get it to the post office on Saturday for whatever reason, so I put it in a mailbox on Monday afternoon. Buyer e-mailed me on Monday asking why the tracking info had been loaded but wasn't showing any other activity. Buyer received the package on Thursday. Left me a one-star for shipping time. I blocked the ******* and moved on. If that's his standard for handing out a one-star rating, then he can buy elsewhere. The stuff I sell has a market of well more than one individual.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I wanted to ensure that I didn't have a bias, due to being the seller, that was prohibiting me from seeing a different point of view.

Members online

Latest posts