Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay.ca no longer working for past prices...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If it doesn't work for you, after viewing a completed item go to eBay's homepage. You should see your most recently viewed item(s) there, along with their actual ending prices.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Something else I had but can't find anymore is a way to only view sold listings amongst the completed ones. Showed up for a month or two and then disappeared. Can still filter them on my phone, but not the laptop. What am I missing?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I would imagine that ebay is working on monetizing their auction historical data. And it's about time as it's arguably their most valuable and certainly most untapped resource.

They should have 15 years of sales data at their disposal.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
change it to another country's extension... .it works

I tried 3 different ones and nothing. Also like the other poster said I used to see sold and completed auction after it gave me my search. Now I have to go to advanced again and tell it I want to see completed auctions and this is on my computer and my phone as well.

Frack eBay

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would imagine that ebay is working on monetizing their auction historical data. And it's about time as it's arguably their most valuable and certainly most untapped resource.

They should have 15 years of sales data at their disposal.

This is such a great topic. I guess first, you think they really have kept every single listing history going back to the first sold item? That's impressive if so and it's probably shocking the amount of space they'd need to store all of that but they're massive, so no problem.

Also, why haven't they monetized it yet? You're exactly right, it's priceless data.

As for the topic in this thread, that's insane. If they start to do this, that will be nuts.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I tried 3 different ones and nothing. Also like the other poster said I used to see sold and completed auction after it gave me my search. Now I have to go to advanced again and tell it I want to see completed auctions and this is on my computer and my phone as well.

Frack eBay

Literally, change it to ebay . it (the italy extension) and it shows the final sale value. Trying to avoid anything that might link it in case they decide to fix it.

It works with .it and .es but not .de so they could be fixing them slowly.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/CJ-Spiller-2...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A list of all country extensions to try

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
it does work. (italy). However, it's a lot more difficult to navigate.....

If you click a completed link, then edit the link once it opens to .it then you don't have to navigate through anything. Just make the .it edit for anyone you click on and not for the entire site. Unless you are already doing this...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
This is such a great topic. I guess first, you think they really have kept every single listing history going back to the first sold item? That's impressive if so and it's probably shocking the amount of space they'd need to store all of that but they're massive, so no problem.

Also, why haven't they monetized it yet? You're exactly right, it's priceless data.

As for the topic in this thread, that's insane. If they start to do this, that will be nuts.

Storing the data wouldn't have been too much of an issue, but regardless of the cost of storing the data...I'm assuming that they retained most of it. Perhaps not full size images, etc. but the core data (price, format, end date, title and description) fields should certainly be stored. I would be shocked if they didn't retain this data as eBay has been protecting it's data and making it available for big prices for at least 10 years.

Now, how the data is harvested...that's another game altogether but there's no reason why eBay shouldn't have already released price guides (online, print, etc.) at this point. Talk about blowing Beckett's comedy routine out of the water.

eBay has been building some really cool new high-tech data centers, and new containers being installed so the data is certainly growing.

Members online

Latest posts