Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you handle a bidder that doesn't want the card anymore?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSman

Aug 8, 2008
I had an auction close 4 days ago for a low price card and today the bidder sent me a message through Ebay saying he didn't want the card and that I should cancel the auction. I told him he should pay since he won. His reply is that's fine, but then he will just return the item since he doesn't want the card. He said if he doesn't want the card, that I should cancel the auction. What options do I really have here? Any? Just block his ID from bidding on my auctions?

BTW, if you don't want this happening to you, feel free to block EBay bidder 2013elamis. How does someone like this gett 2000+ feedback with 100%?

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Don't cancel the auction. Imo just open a case that you haven't received payment. It will go on his/her account and you'll be credited back for the auction. Not your fault he/she bid on an item they no longer want. They just became a non paying bidder.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Unfortunately due to ebay's policies, you really don't any options at all. Your best bet is to just cancel the auction and block the buyer from future purchases.

Thanks for posting the name. Added to my block list.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Don't cancel the auction. Imo just open a case that you haven't received payment. It will go on his/her account and you'll be credited back for the auction. Not your fault he/she bid on an item they no longer want. They just became a non paying bidder.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yes, you can do this, but the only problem for this is that the buyer will then pay, receive the card and then demand to return it. Sometimes if the seller lies about something, paypal will side with the buyer and they will get to keep the card and the money. Safest thing to do is just to cancel the transaction. I know it sucks, but you will save yourself a huge headache.

DSman

Aug 8, 2008
But he will just pay if I open a case. Then I will send the card out and he will return it for a full refund. It just elongates a bad auction. I think I'm stuck and have no choice but to cancel.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
It's up to you to force his hand or not. I've decided I'm through protecting my feedback from losers like this. I would make him pay, accept the return, accept whatever feedback he leaves, then forward the correspondence where he says he's going to return the item regardless to ebay. He'll still get his refund but you can report him all the same if you don't offer a return policy. I'm in the minority but after getting hit with 23 non-payers over 8 days I'm through letting these people off the hook. Most people would probably cancel the transaction and be done with it.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I do the same thing ^

Then they at least have to pay a couple dollars to leave me a bad feedback. (return shipping)

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Cancel, block and avoid the headache. The problem with what everyone else is saying is that ebay will do NOTHING about it. The buyer won't get kicked off, the buyer won't be punished, etc. And then if they DO actually do something, the buyer just starts up another account and is back in business. It's no longer worth it to deal with the hassles on ebay if someone doesn't want the item. Just move on.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
Yeah, your only choice is to cancel. You could force the buyer's hand and make him pay. I would worry about receiving a damaged item back since he would either just return it on open a item not as described case.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
NPB's are getting crazy. I have had 72 since Jan 1 which is about 10%. Ebay does nothing. Make the buyer jump through every hoop they have to.

I think it mainly has to do with cards being a commodity. With rapid price fluctuations for moderen cards, people are bound to have second thoughts. Just think if stocks were sold on ebay. Yikes...

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I had to open 5 cases last week which is a record for me. 3 paid 2 others didn't.

The 2 buyers who just refused to reply to messages and open cases requesting payment. 1 Durant Auto that ended around $215 (playoff wins vs Rockets helped the values) and a Blake Griffin that ended under $45 (which was a steal for the winner)

Bad part is guy bid on 3 other Durants that where purchased by Brian Gray at Leaf who should have won all 4, bidder helped raise the ending values but could have stuck me with $880 in unsold cards had he won all 4. Bidder only had 1 feedback so it was a shill account outta Florida base on zip code. Sucks to sell cards expecting to make some money for bills and then some jerkwad throws a wrench in your plans.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
Oh man ... isn't this the guy that has been known to leave multiple negatives for things like overcharging on shipping by $.02 cents? If so ... you're in for a very WILD ride.
EDIT: Yes, it's the same guy: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/504291-malicious-ebay-buyer.html

I'd at least go back at him and try to re-coup the eBay fees. Unless I'm wrong, if an item sells you are on the hook for a small percentage of selling price, correct? Then it is only right that he covers that expense. If he's unwilling to do that than he is being entirely unreasonable, and you should "purchase" as many of his items as possible and then e-mail him saying you don't want them anymore.

Last edited:

petesahuttt

Sep 15, 2010
Yep, that guy is well-known for being a pain in the ass, cancel the auction, block him and wipe your hands of it. If you press him he will harass your auctions forever.....

A_Pharis

Yep, that guy is well-known for being a pain in the ass, cancel the auction, block him and wipe your hands of it. If you press him he will harass your auctions forever.....

At what point does this become less eBay's issue and more law enforcement issue? Luckily - I've never had any type of shady stuff happen to me on eBay - but manipulating deals like this using the USPS seems a lot like something close to mail fraud.

Members online

Latest posts