Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay feedback idocy - the new trend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this any more of late, but I've now had 2 buyers in the last week leave neutral feedback over issues they never bother to contact me about first. I've always been a reasonable seller, and more than happy to work with a buyer who has a legitimate complaint. These buyers, tho, decided to bypass the rules entirely and just left neutral feedback,. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal, and it's not a negative, but it just annoys me that people feel it's ok to do this before even bothering to work anything out with me.

Has anyone else seen an increase in this happening to them recently?

Greg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Perhaps the overall experience of dealing with you was simply not worthy of a positive..? I can conceivably think of many reasons where a neutral would be plausible based on things that simply did not warrant any kind of communication. For example, lets say the item arrived a bit later that I had reasonably expected, or that the packaging was not quite as good as what is reasonably expected. Both are really not worthy of discussion, but I can see how some may feel that a 'positive' experience, it was not. Mind you, I am not here to debate or discuss the actual context of these sales but rather offering a general opinion.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Perhaps the overall experience of dealing with you was simply not worthy of a positive..? I can conceivably think of many reasons where a neutral would be plausible based on things that simply did not warrant any kind of communication. For example, lets say the item arrived a bit later that I had reasonably expected, or that the packaging was not quite as good as what is reasonably expected. Both are really not worthy of discussion, but I can see how some may feel that a 'positive' experience, it was not. Mind you, I am not here to debate or discuss the actual context of these sales but rather offering a general opinion.

But isn't that what the DSRs are for? I see your point, but only in as much as the DSRs don't cover the issue.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
But isn't that what the DSRs are for? I see your point, but only in as much as the DSRs don't cover the issue.

Or, perhaps some use the DSR's to reflect the actual transaction?

I could see where some would shy away from giving a positive when certain DSR's required a lower than perfect rating.

For example, lets say it took the seller 8 days to send out the item and the buyer felt it reasonable that the item be sent within 7 days (and the listing had no details on this). He then dinged the appropriate DSR with regards to shipping time. Now, does the seller still deserve a overall positive in the eyes of the buyer? Being disappointed in the shipping time, because the seller took 8 days to send the item, could be a situation where a neutral were appropriate. It was not a bad experience because he did get the item, as described, it just took longer to get than reasonably expected. It was not a all together positive experience because of said shipping time, however a neutral was felt appropriate by the buyer and this was also reflected by the DSR given.

Mind you I am not saying I agree or disagree with this, and obviously the OP may have had a completely different experience. I can however see where some use DSR's to expand on the overall experience and not just award positive's while the DSR's being given tell another story. Some may think a positive rating is for a transaction that was all together positive.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

DSR's are pretty useless - they can't explain why you gave the DSR rating you did.

I've been thinking of starting to auto-neutral sellers who don't package sets correctly. I'm tired of buying h/c sets on ebay and they are just shipped in a card storage box instead of being double boxed for protection of the cards and the USPS dings and dents the thin-walled storage box and some cards have corner damage due to shipping damage.

A DSR won't communicate that I gave 3-4 stars on something because the seller doesn't give a **** that I get my cards in as good of condition as it left his house/business so a neutral with explanation in the feedback will get the point across that if you are buying a h/c set or larger lot from that seller, don't expect your cards to arrive in the same shape as it left them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
DSR's are pretty useless - they can't explain why you gave the DSR rating you did.

I've been thinking of starting to auto-neutral sellers who don't package sets correctly. I'm tired of buying h/c sets on ebay and they are just shipped in a card storage box instead of being double boxed for protection of the cards and the USPS dings and dents the thin-walled storage box and some cards have corner damage due to shipping damage.

A DSR won't communicate that I gave 3-4 stars on something because the seller doesn't give a **** that I get my cards in as good of condition as it left his house/business so a neutral with explanation in the feedback will get the point across that if you are buying a h/c set or larger lot from that seller, don't expect your cards to arrive in the same shape as it left them.

True that. I've received sets before where the whole entire set had corner dings because of this.

As far as leaving a neutral without communication, I rarely do it but chances are, you know why I did it so there's really nothing for me to communicate to you. Just the other people potentially buying from you.

Members online

Latest posts