Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help with late 70's Cello question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I just picked up my second box of 1978 Topps Cello and the card layout in the 2 boxes is completely different. What I mean by that is in my first cello box all 24 packs had the front of a card facing up on top and the back of a card facing down on the bottom (like I've seen most all of the time). My second box had all 24 packs with the front of a card facing up on top AND the front of a card facing down on back. I've never seen that before but then again I'm no expert. I understand it was simply a different packing procedure but is it common? I like it because I get to see the card fronts of HOFers instead the back of them on my new box.

Please educate.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I don't know how common it is but I remember seeing a box of 1982's back in '82 that were sealed that way. The printing on the fronts of the cards would often stick to the cello wrapper when the pack was opened.

Members online

Latest posts