Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFL Cuts! Any of them surprising to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Vince Young from the Packers (Thought with Harrell gone he was a sure deal)
Kafka from the Jaguars (Not that he is good by any means but with the Jaguars not having a proven starter I thought he would hang around)
Meachem from the Chargers (Decent deep threat and always played well with the Saints)
Leinart from the Bills (Who is there one week starter again?)

who else have you guys seen released that maybe shouldn't have been?

NYYFan23

Aug 3, 2013
Tim Tebow deserved a roster spot on the New england patriots. you will not find a better guy on and off the field. he has all the intangibles and is a hard worker. i understand the pats only want to hold 2 qbs but he could have been used in special teams, in goal line situations, a backup in case brady gets injured like he did in practice a few days ago, and because of the fact ryan mallett didnt look that great in the preseason they shouldve kept him. tim tebow DESERVES a chance to be a starting QB for a team. not the BS the jets pulled with him last year where they screwed him over and pretended he was going to get a real chance to play. it was a PR stunt to make headlines and sell tickets and make money. The patriots got rid of the tim tebow circus so i dont get why you dont just keep him on the roster.... he shouldve been the 53rd guy

Greg Mcelroy is a great player and its ashame that they had to get rid of him. obviously you have to keep sanchez (even though he sucks) and geno smith. matt simms played great in the preseason finale so he earned that spot. just an unfortunate situation honestly. he should be able to get a backup job somewhere.

Packers shouldve kept Vince Young.....

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Meachem was a TERRIBLE signing by the Bolts. Injuries absolutely derailed his attempt to play in San Diego. No surprise he was cut, though.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
You are probably also right on Meachem. I forgot about his injury just remember him getting a lot of deep balls from Brees

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Also just found out Winfield retired. Was hoping to watch him here this year in Seattle. (Although it sounds like he wasn't going to make the team)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Austin Collie in S.F. got cut.

Danny Watkins (former serviceman, I think, or something along that lines) for Baylor and a '11 1st rounder, cut by the Eagles.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I'm surprised that Dwyer getting cut is a shock to anybody. Kid was just not good enough for the league.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I really thought Tebow had a shot at making the roster, as an all around offensive (semi?)threat.

He turned in a good last preseason game, but idk if he will find a job...may as well chalk him up as the next Lienart/Young

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
It shouldn't surprise me, but Flynn / Pryor looked like Pony League players as well. May as well sign Marcus Tuiasosopo to start.

I don't think any of their QBs would be a number 2 QB on any other team, maybe flynn.

The raiders still have major problems.

Members online

Latest posts