Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I may be crazy. Brought this case home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Brought this case of 1989 Topps home today. Bought a ton of these back in 89 as a kid. I imagine I will rip a bunch of these and make me as nice of a set as I can and see if any cards are worth submitting to PSA.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1378781529269.jpg
    1378781529269.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 114

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Well at least your recycle bin won't blow away...

Really, it only matters how much you paid. If you got it cheap enough, why not rip? Or, one thing I do, give away the packs with eBay sales, to my Little League team kids, use as filler around cards in bubble mailers.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Brought this case of 1989 Topps home today. Bought a ton of these back in 89 as a kid. I imagine I will rip a bunch of these and make me as nice of a set as I can and see if any cards are worth submitting to PSA.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Depending on what part of the print run it is from, I believe, there are a few color/print variations that are hard to find.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Well at least your recycle bin won't blow away...

Really, it only matters how much you paid. If you got it cheap enough, why not rip? Or, one thing I do, give away the packs with eBay sales, to my Little League team kids, use as filler around cards in bubble mailers.

LOL, Thanks. I got it for a decent price and I think I mostly paid for the fun of ripping the packs. I may get sick of looking at 89 Topps. It will probably be a bit before I get to them since I have some other things I need to work on first.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Depending on what part of the print run it is from, I believe, there are a few color/print variations that are hard to find.

Yea I will check into that. I saw a thread about errors from this set recently elsewhere. I will have to check for some of them.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Word! I still need a Sveum that I can submit for grading so keep me in mind if you ever get to busting :) I got a ton of slightly off-centered ones :(

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Word! I still need a Sveum that I can submit for grading so keep me in mind if you ever get to busting :) I got a ton of slightly off-centered ones :(

I will keep an eye out for a nice one for you. Do you need any other years? I ripped a good bit of 1986 Topps a while back.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
GROUP BREAK!

I'll take the mariners so I can land a gem mint griffe......make that Greg briley ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I will keep an eye out for a nice one for you. Do you need any other years? I ripped a good bit of 1986 Topps a while back.

I still need tons but '86 I'm good on (he was in the update set). Mostly '87-'90 and '92 as far as base Topps

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
As a 16 year old, I spent way too much money collecting Gary Sheffield, Jim Abbott and Gregg Jefferies rookies out of that set. If I never see another 1989 card, I'll be thrilled. Good luck with your break.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
If/when you sort, let me know. I cracked 3 vending boxes to assemble a set and came up WAY short. LOL. I'll put a list together and trade with you if you end up short on a 3rd or 4th set or something like that once you crack it all.

Keep ol' Bill in mind!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have a least 1 1990 Topps Vending case sitting at my parents still. Maybe should look for some NNOF Thomas

Old wax is a ton of fun

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
If/when you sort, let me know. I cracked 3 vending boxes to assemble a set and came up WAY short. LOL. I'll put a list together and trade with you if you end up short on a 3rd or 4th set or something like that once you crack it all.

Keep ol' Bill in mind!

Will do. When me and a friend split a 91 Topps case a while back I actually came up one short for my set. I did throw away the wax and gum cards as I opened them though. I will set them aside this time instead of chunking them.

I know it may sound crazy but I like putting together my own sets from packs when possible. Most of my 83 and 84 Topps set came from wax boxes I opened last year. It may cost more but I get to pick the better looking cards for my set. I ripped a rack pack box and three wax boxes of 86 a while back and I need to make a set from those. I still have 3 more 86 wax boxes and I think I will open 2 of them. I am going to save one back. I will save at least one of these 89 boxes back as well for my unopened collection.

For a few dollars a box you cant go wrong with this stuff. Its worth that just to rip them open to me. Thanks for the positive comments guys. I will update how the ripping goes and show any possible cards I may submit to PSA for grading.

Members online

Latest posts