Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greatest throw in baseball history? Blast from the past!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ankiel - only impressive he did it twice in a game. Not as impressive otherwise as it was from center to third. Guillen was more impressive for a single throw because it was from right field to third.

Another good one that stlcks in my mind is one from Ichiro. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a clip his great outfield assist from RF to third.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Bo Jackson gunning Harold Reynolds at home.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

This /thread

Bo Jackson "The Throw" - YouTube

FYI Catdaddy, Bo will be up in the Twin Cities November 16 for a show, just a short 6 hours from KC, you should come on up for the weekend. In addition, if you are an 80s Olympic Hockey team fan, 17 of the 20 are set to also apprear.

Last edited:

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
The Top Right Field arms in my lifetime, in no particular order:

Dwight Evans
Dave Parker
Jesse Barfield
Ellis Valentine

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I love this thread and I LOVE that clip of Parker to Carter in the ASG. I'd never seen it before, thanks for posting it.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
This was pretty recent and pretty sweet considering it was 400+ ft away and gunning down the still speedy Reyes.
Not some fat turd who shouldn't be going for an extra base.

[video]http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30575463&topic_id=vtp_must_c&query=ada m%2Bjones[/video]

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I saw Roberto Clemente throw a runner out at third from deep right field at Wrigley Field when I was a child. Take a look at this clip starting at the 19 second mark. Clemente does a spin-o-rama and tosses a bullet from deep right to third. In this clip the runner is safe but this will give you an idea just how powerful the man's arm was.

Roberto Clemente - Baseball Hall of Fame Biographies - YouTube

Members online

Latest posts