Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Few top prospects from 15 years ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Was going through old minor league programs and found this from 1998 teams. Interesting look and take on these organization's top prospect especially 15 years later. Dodgers AND Reds missed big time on one. Angels and Royals got best use out of their own. One flamed out, another wonder how the hell was he no. 1, and another was hot then went cold the following year.

n39l.jpg

jffj.jpg

tfhh.jpg

mwwf.jpg

1n8k.jpg

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
The Reds basically turned Konerko into Ken Griffey, Jr. (by trading Konerko for Mike Cameron, who one year later would be the centerpiece of the deal to get Griffey). And while Griffey didn't work out to the extent that they thought he would, I have little doubt that the Reds would do that all over again.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Dante Powell. He hit well in his limited action in SF. I wonder what the thought process was when they made the decision to trade him.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Ruben Mateo was one of my first successes in prospecting. I bought a bunch of his Bowman's Best RCs for a buck each at a show when they first hit, sold them for $5 each.

Members online

Latest posts