Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

womans baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I was watching a league of there own and was wondering is there a set of cards of these ladies (not the ones from the movie)? autos and so forth?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I read Babe and Me and the main character had some. If I recall, even though the books were purely fictional, the information on baseball cards was fairly accurate.

In short, I believe so.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Erma Bergmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recently I went to a St. Louis Browns Reunion luncheon and was able to sit and talk to one of these women of baseball. Her name was Erma Bergmann and one of the nicest ladies you could have met. She loved talking baseball and talked about she was now in 4 hall of fames. She actually had some cards with her that she carried in a snap case that she had autographed to give out. She played for the Racine Belles. I've seen some cards that say Fritsch on them similar to the one in the link I posted for Erma.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Several of the women had cards in the 1994 Ted Williams card set.
Their addresses were even listed in Harvey Meiselman's baseball player address list, so many collectors were able to get the cards signed.

migrated.jpg

Larry Fritcsh also released a GPBL set.

MaryilyJones-front.jpg

And there was another set in 1984, but I don't know who made it.

AAGBL-cards_1.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
thanks guys. i see my 94 Ted Williams set ahd a couple of cards. i wonder why Topps didnt do a set of these....I would buy them...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know if she was anything to do with the league in LoTO, but Topps stuck this one into 1953 Topps Archives
$T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfCI5BRDr!YiMOg~~60_35.JPG

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
She wasn't anything to do with the league in LoTO, but Topps stuck this one into 1953 Topps Archives
$T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfCI5BRDr!YiMOg~~60_35.JPG

Members online

Latest posts