Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Monday December 2, 2013 ......A hero has passed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
It is not very often that the words hero and athlete can truely be uttered in the same sentence. While it is easy to say that athletes can be heroes to someone but the true sense of the word is lost on many.

Lou Brissie was a war hero who have everything for his country. While he didnt lose his life like so many of his fellow soldiers he did pay a high price for us. Last week a true American hero and a member of the greatest generation passed. Instead of writing his story here I will just let the link to this newspaper article tell it for me.

R.I.P. Lou Brissie and thank you!

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-lou-brissie-20131129,0,4180482.story?page=2#axzz2m41OB9zW

brissie_lou_army_zps5faeea88.jpg

brissie3_zpscf989167.jpg

brissie2_zpsdcf6a40d.jpg

brissie_zpsc3227c46.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Thanks so much for this link. My oldest son is a huge baseball and WWII fan (He has a passion for their stories and has interviewed many local vets in person, on the phone and by letter. He's hoping to teach Jr. High history) so I will make sure to pass this along.

RIP Mr. Brissie.......

Members online

Latest posts