Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for those of you who trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I took a year or so off from trading and recently started reorganizing my trade bait. I mostly dabble in lower end numbered cards and inserts. I usually buy larger numbered card collections and take what I need and try and turn what's left into Yankees numbered cards. My questions are when listing this stuff for trade do you:
List them by team?
By player?
By year & products?
What seems to happen with me is I start to accumulate so much that it just gets to be too much then put away. I feel like if its out there listed correctly I would turn it over quicker. What's your guys methods?

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
My trade page is a little of both. I have them listed by player for the "bigger" names, and then I list everything else under team. I think listing them by team has worked better for me in terms of generating trades.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I have my stuff listed in alphabetical order by last name. I'd recommend either that or by year/set. I could see doing it by team for the team collector guys, but one thing that I never understood what to do was what if the guy is no longer on the team he's pictured in the card? Do you do by what's on the card or by current team? Seems like if you did current team, then you'd spend a ton of wasted time switching guys around when they get traded/released/etc.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I spent quite a lot of time trying to find a way to list my traders on my website. I'm not very knowledgable in html code so I didn't know how to create a searchable and sortable table. I at one time started manually typing them into a Google spreadsheet but that quickly died.

Then I read a post here in which someone mentioned Zistle.com. I signed up and created an easy to maintain list that's searchable by keyword as well as sortable by various column headers like set, team, player, and even card number. It is a bit time consuming to enter all your cards, but I've found it to be well worth it. It's a lot quick than creating a spreadsheet from scratch, and you can easily link to your tradelist from your own website. Check out the "Trading" link in my website to check it out.

- Rodrick

Members online

Latest posts