Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upcoming Virtual Card Show: Sunday February 9th 3:00-6:00 PM EST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
So with football playing its final game next week, the world will soon be focusing on Spring Training and baseball. We also have the new trade manager that was recently launched. Finally, FCB bucks are being awarded for transactions made (although the algorithm is a carefully guarded secret so I don't claim to know exactly what it takes to get such rewards). With these three factors at hand, it seems like Feb 9th (the Sunday after the Super Bowl) is a perfect time to hold the next FreedomCardBoard virtual card.

The last show had far more volume on the trade boards than we have seen in a really long time, and a decent number of deals got done, but this one should far surpass that one. For starters we have two full weeks to get the word out and for people to get ready (with scans etc.) We are also tweaking a few things, which should help.

If you have a lot of nice mid and high-end and/or wax and are considering setting up a table, please pm me. We may be able to work with you on this.

Hopefully if we can get this going on a large enough scale we will convince @cglimo to work some giveaways into the process (or at least a *** of FCB bucks.) :)

Setting up a Table:

There is no cost to set up a virtual table in the transaction thread, but there are certain criteria that must be met:

1. The listing must give an idea of what is being sold in the thread. Last time around we got feedback that it is frustrating to wander into threads where there is nothing of interest. In your title you must give an idea of what is in the thread. (Examples include: High-End Prospect Autos, $1, $2 and $3 boxes, Griffey collection low-high end etc.) A simple format used in the past was Topnotchsy Table: Pujols RC Auto's and Vintage Game-Used

2. Use pictures or a neat list. For pictures make sure they are not linked to Photobucket so web searchers can view them easily. For cheaper cards, (especially if you have a lot of cards) you may want to consider a simple neat list. Make the list (and pictures) as organized as possible, grouping by player, year or price point.

3. Includes prices for all items.

4. We are beginning the "show" at 3:00 PM. By having a specific time we can get maximum traffic to everyone's threads. Please abide by the time, and do not put open any "table" threads earlier. (I know that what constitutes a "table" versus any other thread can be debated. I am asking for people's cooperation on this so that it is better for all of us.)

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I fully support this. It's an amazing thing for a community to be able to pull off.

Also - I believe this may be a good opportunity for FCB bucks.

I appreciate that. The first time we did this went pretty well, but it was done a bit rushed, and we learned some things so this time around should be better (I hope). As far as the FCB bucks, I believe that Chris awards points for transactions, and I know you can also include the one's you've earned in deals, so it should help.

Sounds fun. I've been buying quite a but lately so I look forward to more posts.

Sounds good! Hopefully we can get a nice variety of stuff there.

A_Pharis

I appreciate that. The first time we did this went pretty well, but it was done a bit rushed, and we learned some things so this time around should be better (I hope). As far as the FCB bucks, I believe that Chris awards points for transactions, and I know you can also include the one's you've earned in deals, so it should help.

For people who have earned FCB Bucks, I'm sure they are welcome to start using them.
If someone would like to use their FCB bucks, I am sure [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] would like to get that dispersed.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Loved this last time we did it. Here are a few thoughts which will make it a million times more successful (1) make sure pictures are NOT linked to photobucket for mobile users and (2) have a set way to title the threads which are participating with like "TABLE: ___________" or something and then it's quick to jump in and out.

I have to say these are great and even someone like me who doesn't venture over to the transaction boards or hardly every do transactions outside of Belle stuff make like 3 different deals that day, so it's great!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Loved this last time we did it. Here are a few thoughts which will make it a million times more successful (1) make sure pictures are NOT linked to photobucket for mobile users and (2) have a set way to title the threads which are participating with like "TABLE: ___________" or something and then it's quick to jump in and out.

I have to say these are great and even someone like me who doesn't venture over to the transaction boards or hardly every do transactions outside of Belle stuff make like 3 different deals that day, so it's great!

Good stuff [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]. I updated the original post to include some of yours points.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

+100, nothing stops me from looking at transaction threads quicker than being taken to PB

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I've been out of picture posting for a while and still use PB...tips, leads?

I think Mac had a picture of how to do it... [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]? It has something to do with PB settings and in checking the box that has it linking back to PB

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've been out of picture posting for a while and still use PB...tips, leads?
I think Mac had a picture of how to do it... @MansGame? It has something to do with PB settings and in checking the box that has it linking back to PB
Drum roll please..................

photobucket_zps1370f8d6.jpg

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Top, I'm all in. I would like to set up and also offer myself to help in anyway I can. I'll send you a pm later.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Top, I'm all in. I would like to set up and also offer myself to help in anyway I can. I'll send you a pm later.

Awesome! I think we can make this something really cool and fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts