Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOW Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
There's been a lot of talk lately about the HOF. Granted that's bound to happen around voting time but I wanted to bring up a slightly different aspect.

Full disclosure. ...I'm a HOF collector so I may be biased.

Im completely enamored with the recent HOF discussion. Im in complete agreement that Maddux glavine and Thomas belong.......as do folks like Griffey Rivera and Jeter.....

Im worried about the old guys. In my mind we have a ton of baseball folks with untold knowledge that are on the precipice of leaving us.

Just recently we've lost killebrew feller musial and kiner. ..... four of the very best to ever play!!!

There's a whole lot more that aren't long for this world......most notable is bobby. Oldest living HOFer I believe. Yogi and others are getting old too.

I just think we're on the verge of losing a ton of true legends......

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Title......HOF

Im on my phone. Sorry for the misspelled words and grammar. It auto correct

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Garry Maddox is a sure fire Phillies HOF'er.

Like I said. Im on my phone with auto correct. First thread I've started in months. Thanks for reminding me why I don't participate anymore, c0cksucker....

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Im worried about the old guys. In my mind we have a ton of baseball folks with untold knowledge that are on the precipice of leaving us.
Just recently we've lost killebrew feller musial and kiner. ..... four of the very best to ever play!!!
There's a whole lot more that aren't long for this world......most notable is bobby. Oldest living HOFer I believe. Yogi and others are getting old too.
I just think we're on the verge of losing a ton of true legends......
Mays, Aaron, Ford, Koufax and all of those legendary '50s and '60s stars are getting up there too.

Then it will be the generation of Reggie, Seaver, Schmidt, Ryan and Rose.

I remember writing letters to '30s oldtimers like Charlie Gehringer, Carl Hubbell, Lou Boudreau, Joe Sewell and Lefty Gomez in the 1980s.
As a kid, I thought it was amazing to get autographs and letters back from legends who played alongside Babe Ruth.

It's sad when a generation of greats passes on, and a chapter in baseball history closes.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Like I said. Im on my phone with auto correct. First thread I've started in months. Thanks for reminding me why I don't participate anymore, c0cksucker....

With language like that, maybe you should go back to being non-active....

Members online

Latest posts