Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 FCB Prospect Hot List – March 7, 2014 by JP Schwartz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
$_3.jpg

2014 FCB Prospect Hot List, Version 1.0 – March 7, 2014
by J.P. Schwartz [MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]

Baseball is officially back, and prospect autographs are already in full swing. As a matter
of fact, they were already starting to climb as Seattle was busy destroying Denver in the
Super Bowl. They were climbing even higher as the prospect experts were releasing their
annual Top 100 lists, and continue to do so as Spring Training rolls on. A select few are
seeing a spike over the past few weeks.

1. Javier Baez (Cubs)
Best Card: 2011 Bowman Draft Autograph
It’s no secret he’s considered the Cubs’ top prospect within a system of great hitting
prospects, but his torrid Spring Training display is throwing gas on the fire. His Bowman
Chrome Autographs have reached the $125 range, up from around $90 a month ago.

2. Jonathan Gray (Rockies)
Best Card: 2013 Bowman Draft Autograph
Maybe it’s simply because people prefer live autographs to redemptions, but having
a fastball that easily reaches triple digits, as well as secondary stuff that is also nearly
Major League ready, doesn’t hurt his case either. His Bowman Chrome Autographs are
now around $80 each, up from $50.

3. Byron Buxton (Twins)
Best Card: 2013 Bowman Chrome Autograph
Being the consensus #1 prospect according to every expert, as well as tools comparable
to Mike Trout, means his cards won’t be any more affordable anytime soon. His Bowman
Chrome Autographs have reached the $200 range, up from around $150 per.

4. Noah Syndergaard (Mets)
Best Card: 2010 Bowman Draft Autograph
Mets’ brass have been raving about “Thor” for some time now, and he is continuing to
impress this spring. He could very well see the bigs this year and if so, watch his cards
continue to rise. His Bowman Chrome Autographs are around $60 per, up from around
$40 a month ago.

5. Archie Bradley (Diamondbacks)
Best Card: 2011 Bowman Draft Autograph
In a system in need of great pitching, he sticks out like a sore thumb. He will almost
certainly make the trip to Chase Field this season, as his stuff is ready, but his command
needs to follow suit first. He had an excellent spring training debut recently, and his
Bowman Chrome Autographs are starting to climb to the $45-$50 range, up from $30-
$35.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Not so fast. This is a one off. (or as many as JP wishes to grace us with)

The board will not support a paid hot list like the ones phil mason used to write at this time.

What would the board have to do to "support" a list for the year? Depending on how much, I'd throw a little paypal into a pot along with others for the season.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Great list. Prospect prices are reaching numbers they have not reached since before the recession. I hope the big names play well enough for people to see nice returns on the cards (even those buying now instead of selling).

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
What would the board have to do to "support" a list for the year? Depending on how much, I'd throw a little paypal into a pot along with others for the season.

People need to click the links and buy things on ebay. That way I can pay authors.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Now if only Topps would get the rest of the Gray redemptions filled. My guess is the lack of them available is what has significantly pushed the price up, but hopefully as more come live the value won't tail off too much.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The best pitcher in the minors chrome auto sells for much less than gray's?

Something ain't right fellas

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I could be wrong, but I believe only 500-1000 base chrome gray autos were produced. They were pretty tough to find at release. It could be because breakers redeemed them but they were tough to find regardless.

Members online

Latest posts