Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 NCAA Tournament Which of my two brackets is better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Who are your picks? Here are mine. Please let me know what you think. I can always change things too. There were some tough games, but I think I did well in choosing. I chose carefully.

bracket.jpg

Picture9.png

Thanks,
JG

PS-Sorry for the horrible handwriting.
Edit- Added a new bracket. This one is typed.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Re: 2009 NCAA Tournament

aw00d05 said:
I got Cuse in the Final 4 and alot more upsets.
Yeah, I chose a lot of safe picks this year. That's because I think there will not be as many upsets this year as last. But, of course I could be wrong. Last year I came in second in my pool, there were only like 15 people, though. This year, I hope to win it, lol.

JG

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008

trademhigh said:
aw00d05 said:
I got Cuse in the Final 4 and alot more upsets.
Yeah, I chose a lot of safe picks this year. That's because I think there will not be as many upsets this year as last. But, of course I could be wrong. Last year I came in second in my pool, there were only like 15 people, though. This year, I hope to win it, lol.

JG
Yea I don't like doing the "safe" picks just because I always seem to be wrong so I just go gut feeling on it, alot of the 12-5,11-6,10-7,9-8 games are pretty much tossups on who shows up or not.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

aw00d05 said:
Pine Tar said:
There is always upset
and an 11 seed seems to take down A team or 2
12-5 and 11-6=deadly.
This year, the 11-6 games don't seem too close. I really cannot see UCLA losing to VCU, Marquette losing to Utah State, or West Virginia losing to Dayton. However, I can see Temple upsetting AZ State. That should be an interesting game.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008

trademhigh said:
aw00d05 said:
Pine Tar said:
There is always upset
12-5 and 11-6=deadly.
This year, the 11-6 games don't seem too close. I really cannot see UCLA losing to VCU, Marquette losing to Utah State, or West Virginia losing to Dayton. However, I can see Temple upsetting AZ State. That should be an interesting game.
I acutally picked Utah St to beat Marquette and VCU to beat UCLA, VCU 2 years ago beat a #2 seed Duke and still have alot of that team back and their best player from then too Eric Maynor.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali

I got a Final Four of:

Louisville
Marquette
Pitt
Syracuse

With Louisville over Pitt in the Championship.

I am very close to taking USC into the Elite 8 by taking them over Mich St.

Anyone got input on the following games?

FSU vs. Wisconsin
TX Vs. Minn
Illinois vs. W. Ken (I am really struggling with this one)
OSU vs. Siena

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008

Incline Investments said:
I got a Final Four of:

Louisville
Marquette
Pitt
Syracuse

FSU vs. Wisconsin
TX
Vs. Minn
OSU vs. Siena
I picked that, they're too athletic for MSU, i bolded who I picked, most of the analysts say Siena could be a big sleeper, too bad they have Louisville in the 2nd round if they win, I think W. Ken will win because Illinois' PG and leader broke his hand a few days ago.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali

aw00d05 said:
I got a Final Four of:

Louisville
Marquette
Pitt
Syracuse

FSU vs. Wisconsin
TX
Vs. Minn
OSU vs. Siena
I picked that, they're too athletic for MSU, i bolded who I picked, most of the analysts say Siena could be a big sleeper, too bad they have Louisville in the 2nd round if they win, I think W. Ken will win because Illinois' PG and leader broke his hand a few days ago.

Thanks man, USC has been absolutely on fire lately, so they could be trouble for a team like MSU like you said.

I got all the ones you picked on my iffy ones, except for Wisconsin over FSU. I just don't see that much in FSU, but maybe I'm missing something. Also I needed a couple bigger upsets like that.

I can't tell if Marqutte in the Final Four is genius or just insane :lol:

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL

aw00d05 said:
[quote="Incline Investments":1lmw7uhg]I got a Final Four of:

Louisville
Marquette
Pitt
Syracuse

FSU vs. Wisconsin
TX
Vs. Minn
OSU vs. Siena

Thanks man, USC has been absolutely on fire lately, so they could be trouble for a team like MSU like you said.

I got all the ones you picked on my iffy ones, except for Wisconsin over FSU. I just don't see that much in FSU, but maybe I'm missing something. Also I needed a couple bigger upsets like that.

I can't tell if Marqutte in the Final Four is genius or just insane :lol:[/quote:1lmw7uhg]

They won't get by the (Missouri) Tigers :p

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008

aw00d05 said:
[quote="Incline Investments":3sbxymc0]I got a Final Four of:

Louisville
Marquette
Pitt
Syracuse

FSU vs. Wisconsin
TX
Vs. Minn
OSU vs. Siena

I can't tell if Marqutte in the Final Four is genius or just insane :lol:[/quote:3sbxymc0]
you're insane I have them one and done.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington

trademhigh said:
aw00d05 said:
Pine Tar said:
There is always upset
12-5 and 11-6=deadly.

HAVE YOU SEEN UTAH STATE PLAY!?!?!?!

yah, they may be in the WAC, but when they were playing Nevada last night i was at Outback Steakhouse they were up like 30-8 or something. They pass the ball around as well as any of the teams seeded 3-8 on here, dont underestimate.

And hasn't it been NEVER that there have been 3 number 1's in the final 4 and 2 number 1's in the championship?

I could be wrong, can someone please correct me on this!?> =]

overall not bad picks, throw in a couple more 12-5 through 10-7 upsets though

Members online

Latest posts