Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1925 coin...Peace Dollar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
Someone was going to buy a soda with this and my wife traded a dollar for it.After checking around on Ebay it seems to be a 1925 Peace Dollar.Also most on Ebay had a letter value with it such as "1925 peace dollar c".I think I am going to put in on Ebay but I want to know more about it before such as what letter it is or if it is even supposed to have a letter.Thought maybe there was a coin buff of two that might be able to help.Thanks!

peacedollar.jpg

peacedollar001.jpg

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
Very nice coin.. I wish I could help you on the letter version. I have a 1923 Peace Dollar that I have held onto for a long time now. I have no idea if it has a version or not. Try looking up other 1925 Peace Dollars and see how much they go for before putting it up on ebay. It may be something you could hold onto for future generations. It only cost you a buck ya know? Good luck with whatever you do with it.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The mint mark is on the reverse side below the "one" in one dollar.

There is no C type according to my records. Looks to be s mint mark only.

milbroco

Sep 13, 2008
Hello. Your coin is a 1925 Peace Dollar. I beleive the "c" listed in the ebay auctions stands for circulated. A mint mark is located under the one on the reverse. Your coin could only have a mint mark of "S" for SanFrancisco or none at all which would be Philadelphia. It appears your coin is the Philadelphia coin and is in circulated condition. Unfortunately it is only worth only the value of the silver it is made from. Not sure what the silver value is today but I would say in the 10 to 12 dollar range? Still a nice find though.

Members online

Latest posts