Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It was only a matter of time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
I've never really had an issue with Topps but I've heard all the horror story's out there. So it was only a matter of time until they got me.

I ordered a box of 2014 Archives from DA on Thursday and it just arrived yesterday. I was pretty pumped, it got here just in time for baseball card Monday. (When I stop by the lcs on the way home from work). Well I was have a good time going through it until I pulled the two autos: not one BOTH autos were Graig Nettles.

4eqyzame.jpg

Needless to say it left a bad taste in my mouth. I just sent an email to Topps but I'm not expecting much out of them

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
I just got an email back back saying there's nothing they can do. Huge bummer, especially hitting almost all doubles in a few packs of Bowman.

I guess it happens. They're both for trade if anyone is interested, I kind of want to forget about this

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I just got an email back back saying there's nothing they can do. Huge bummer, especially hitting almost all doubles in a few packs of Bowman.

I guess it happens. They're both for trade if anyone is interested, I kind of want to forget about this

These
tumblr_mlo8kqihof1rfak0to1_500.jpg

And this helps
kittens-in-3d.jpg

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hate to say this, but don't expect too much sympathy for that. Happened to me with a box of GQ a few years back , got two Nelson Cruz autos. When I mentioned it here (without even a thought of contacting Topps about it), someone posted a lengthy tirade about how I got exactly what was promised in the box, and I had no reason to be upset, and the old "well you wouldn't be upset if you got two Pujols autos" response. It was true in some regards, but a real dick way to put it. I do feel for you, but it could have been a lot worse; I'm still waiting for my two 2011 GQ autos that they shorted me!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I bet if you sent in the UPC with one of the autos and tell them what happened they would send you a crappy auto back....Those who recieve e-mails and phone calls are lost...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I hate to say this, but don't expect too much sympathy for that. Happened to me with a box of GQ a few years back , got two Nelson Cruz autos. When I mentioned it here (without even a thought of contacting Topps about it), someone posted a lengthy tirade about how I got exactly what was promised in the box, and I had no reason to be upset, and the old "well you wouldn't be upset if you got two Pujols autos" response. It was true in some regards, but a real dick way to put it. I do feel for you, but it could have been a lot worse; I'm still waiting for my two 2011 GQ autos that they shorted me!

Dude, not to sound nuts but I wouldn't want two Pujols autos either. I want two different autos. What the hell would I do with two? I know I could trade or sell the extra. But buying a box would hopefully land me cards I don't have to do that with. Now if I purchased a case, I'd expect a dupe or more.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
That sucks something similar happened to me and it soured me on unopened topps products as well. For what you pay, in my opinion, you should get a quality product and excessive doubles doesn't scream quality to me.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That sucks something similar happened to me and it soured me on unopened topps products as well. For what you pay, in my opinion, you should get a quality product and excessive doubles doesn't scream quality to me.

Well it could be argued that a lot of topps products don't provide quality. To me, the only thing that I expect is a fair shot at what a normal box should have. Things like getting two of the exact same auto or like the time when a dude got shorted a good portion of a case worth of autos and topps wanted to send all of the promised autos in the form of one single scrub tick me off.

Or like topps has live Bagwell sticker and on card autos but the museum collection redemptions haven't to my knowledge been filled(correct me if I'm wrong).

Topps puts out some really nice stuff. But the only way I ever get it now is by the secondary market route.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio

Sorry, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, Topps. It just seems like really poor quality control. I kind of get it from their end, seeing how maybe people could claim dupes, but it still just shouldn't really happen IMO. Even if I got two Charlie Sheen autos it wouldn't hurt as bad but it would still annoy me.

I'm a set collector and don't really open boxes for the autos, they're a nice added bonus really. Maybe if I went after autos it would get to me more than it already does.

Members online

Latest posts