Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lincecum No No Through 8 - Will it move the needle for his cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
He's an interesting case, if he completes it that'll be 2 in 2 years but he's really an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a whatever. Thoughts?

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Not since both of his recent No-Nos are against the Padres...

As a Padre fan, I should be upset about your complete and total lack of respect for San Diego.

(...but since truth is always the ultimate defense... 😃 )

Maybe we'll get an offense in the near future.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Prices on his 2007 Bowman Chrome Auto Gold and Orange refractors is still high. I want to get one eventually, but not for $500+.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
His cards have been so stagnant for so long....
they would have to be infused with gold for them to go up in value

+1.

Killed two birds with one stone getting a Bailey/Lincecum dual about 2 wks after his first no-no and got what I think was a good deal.

i can't imagine no-no number 2 is going to move the needle much after this week.

Incredible he's tossed 2 no-hitters in the twilight of his career.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's a shame he has these flashes of brilliance but otherwise has been so mediocre these last few years.
I'm not a Giants fan, but it would be cool to see this former superstar pitch like he once did, because he used to be so cool to watch.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's a little early to be calling it his "twilight". He's only 30. There's no reason to think he won't keep on playing into his late 30s.

I think it's twilight - he hasn't been the same in 2 1/2 seasons and wasn't his last contract pretty much a courtesy contract from the Giants?

I don't doubt he might pitch into his late 30's if he can be the equivalent of most teams' 4th or 5th starter, but I doubt we'll ever see the 2007-2010 years of reliable dominance from him ever again.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I think it's twilight - he hasn't been the same in 2 1/2 seasons and wasn't his last contract pretty much a courtesy contract from the Giants?

I don't doubt he might pitch into his late 30's if he can be the equivalent of most teams' 4th or 5th starter, but I doubt we'll ever see the 2007-2010 years of reliable dominance from him ever again.

His last contract was a 2 year, $35m contract. The team management thinks he'll figure it out. Heck, he might pull a Dennis Eckersley and turn into a dominating closer for the second half of his career. He was filthy out of the pen during the 2012 postseason.

While your use of the word "twilight" is a sound dictionary definition, I never see it used in that way to describe a player on the decline, only to describe players at the end of their careers, hence the confusion.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

I agree with this. Timmy is on the downside of his career. I think he will be out of baseball by age 36. His delivery and mechanics just don't jump out as something that will hold up. He needs to go to the bullpen and start closing or being an 8th inning man if he wants to play longer IMO.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Even this No Hitter he pitched Yesterday will not move the needle on his cards. He has had these flashes the past 2-3 years, but is not dominating.

But again he will end his carrer better then most of the picthers in the league right now. I really was hoping he could have been a great pitcher, but he did not turn out that way

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts