Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh the Astros...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ridiculous.

The writer and editors are idiots too. He wrote the Astros president as "Ryan Reid." It's Reid Ryan, of course, Nolan Ryan's son.
And the article has been up for about 11 hours and it has not been edited correctly yet.
This is CBS Sports, not some tiny Texas newspaper.

Ridiculous.

The writer and editors are idiots too. He wrote the Astros president as "Ryan Reid." It's Reid Ryan, of course, Nolan Ryan's son.
And the article has been up for about 11 hours and it has not been edited correctly yet.
This is CBS Sports, not some tiny Texas newspaper.

That is not surprising at all...CBS Sports has the worst spell checking and bad editing on any sports website

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
That is not surprising at all...CBS Sports has the worst spell checking and bad editing on any sports website
Their news department misses the mark sometimes, too.

enhanced-31355-1405476635-8.png

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
If it was some tiny Texas newspaper I am sure they would have gotten the name of the son of Nolan Ryan right. It might be the land of steers and ****** but I'll bet you a buffalo nickel they know the fireball king when they see him.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If it was some tiny Texas newspaper I am sure they would have gotten the name of the son of Nolan Ryan right. It might be the land of steers and ****** but I'll bet you a buffalo nickel they know the fireball king when they see him.

Thank you for those very kind words directed at my state.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Apparently legendary short stops have confusing first names

Attachments

• 1407016967449.jpg
    1407016967449.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 23

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014

That saying has never made sense to me... How did Texas get to be the land of ******? Legitimate questions as to how that phrase was created

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That saying has never made sense to me... How did Texas get to be the land of ******? Legitimate questions as to how that phrase was created
It's a quote from the movie, "Full Metal Jacket." A sergeant makes fun of a private by saying it to him.

It's also used twice in "An Officer and a Gentleman," but they're making fun of people from Oklahoma and Arizona.

Basically, it's used by higher ranking military or other officials on recruits or privates as a cutdown or hazing.
Some people also say "Beers, Steers and ******" to people from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma and other states with western influences and cowboys.
It has nothing to do with homosexuals living in these states. It's just a stupid, immature comment based on rhyming words.

Members online

Latest posts