Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some Help guys... Is this the same card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I just bought a card on ebay and had it come to me. I want to know if you think this the same card. Here is the scan of the card I received

And here the the link to the auction....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311047815052?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My issue is that he mentions the imperfections which is fine, but the card in his auction picture does Not appear to be the same card in my opinion. Looks at the chips around the helmet. My scan clearly shows it his does not show any chipping. Even the Jeter in his photo is missing no foil while the card I have is missing a lot. Again he mentions these things but look at his picture compared to mine. I feel like it was a misleading photo. I should have asked more questions instead of basing it on the photo he had, (my bad) but what are your opinions, SAME CARD or NO? Please help.

thanks guys

Last edited:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
So hard to tell when everyones scanner are so different. Looks like the one he sold it not at bright and vibrant but that again could of been the scan...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
fefgawgarew_zpsedf62add.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I would say not the same card is a good possibility. That white area at the back of his helmet should at least show somewhat in the auction scan and it appears to be solid black there.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
yeah, I get you on the scanner, sometimes they can show different as far as color. it is more the chipping/imperfections around the front of the helmet, the left side of the V behind his head and the top right of the O in Role. I may be being picky but his picture shows a solid purple border with absolutely no chipping, that is where I am most concerned, because those would have shown even in his scanner.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I would say not the same card is a good possibility. That white area at the back of his helmet should at least show somewhat in the auction scan and it appears to be solid black there.

That is exactly what i am thinking. I did send him a message so we will see what he says. and thanks for the side by side Bongo it helps a lot..
Also if you look at the Derek Jeter foil on the card I got, the ETER in the foil of my card is missing a lot of the silver foil on the top of those letters, his is not

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Actually, yes, It does piss me off a bit. Now, I have to ship it back, WAIT for the refund and I have to pay for the shipping back based on HIS return policy, so if it isn't the same card then this shouldn't have happened and it is highly irritating.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Actually, yes, It does piss me off a bit. Now, I have to ship it back, WAIT for the refund and I have to pay for the shipping back based on HIS return policy, so if it isn't the same card then this shouldn't have happened and it is highly irritating.

Wait long enough and someone will tell you that you having to pay return shipping is your own fault since you read it and knew before you purchased his card. IMO, it looks like it might be the same card but acquired some extra damage along the way? The slight scuffing next to his right knee looks pretty dang close and unique to that particular copy too. In any case, it does matter and this is why I hate getting damaged stuff or the wrong card sent. There have been plenty of times it's happened and I'm never sure if it's just not showing up in the ebay scan or if it was damaged in transit. Sometimes with the damage it's definitely not in the scan but you can tell it's the same card. This appears to be the case here. But it sucks for the buyer and the process to return it is damn near not worth it for the kinds of cards I buy. And sometimes the card is so rare...you might as well keep it because it may not surface again.

Good luck either way.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I will not beat a dead horse on this one all so this will be the last thing I will say about this. But I just noticed this.... Look at these three completed auctions of the seller including mine... Maybe he took a picture of one card he had and then sold all three in separate auctions? Anyway, TOTALLY LAME..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...1035377541?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item486b273785

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...0972775786?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item48676bfd6a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...1047815052?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item486be4ff8c

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts