Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps redemption question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I lucked out and bought a redemption that was already signed and received from Topps on December 19th. I entered the redemption code a few days ago. Still says redemption entered, no big deal.

About how long do you think it'll take them to send the card? It's a unique 1/1, so I know they got that specific card back. Maybe 4-6 weeks? Hopefully less since it doesn't have to compete with other identical redemptions (say for a /399 base auto)? Wishful thinking and I'll get it when Hillary is in office?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I buy redemption cards from time to time. The turnover rate can be inconsistent but my redemption cards for autos that have since gone live, from entering the code to delivery to me has been around two weeks. Does this answer your question?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I buy redemption cards from time to time. The turnover rate can be inconsistent but my redemption cards for autos that have since gone live, from entering the code to delivery to me has been around two weeks. Does this answer your question?

Perfect, thanks.

I've heard 4-6 weeks, but I don't remember what that was in regards to. This is the first year I've actually bought redemptions.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't think the type of card would matter. Theoretically you'll still be behind everyone else on line.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I lucked out and bought a redemption that was already signed and received from Topps on December 19th. I entered the redemption code a few days ago. Still says redemption entered, no big deal.

About how long do you think it'll take them to send the card?

Probably 2 years. I redeemed a card this past summer that there were live versions of the card showing up on ebay. Redeemed my card thinking the live versions are out there and it would be 4-6 weeks.

Called topps after 6 weeks - told my redemption card is still pending because athlete still owed them 275 or whatever amount of stickers. Said since offseason just started, they thought the athlete would get their stickers back quickly. Since the athlete supposedly hasn't returned 275 stickers in the 2 offseasons since the redemption card was inserted into packs, I doubt that's going to happen so I'm expecting to get screwed on a replacement at some point. My gut feeling is Topps stole 275 stickers from that auto card inventory allocation to make newer cards for tier one, museum collection, etc. that aren't redemptions or else those stickers are really owed to finish my auto card but incoming stickers are being diverted to newer higher end products instead of making good on past products still waiting to be fulfilled.

Last edited:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I am still waiting for one. It is going on 5 months. Called topps and they said they were waiting for the signature. It is a box loader on card auto serial numbered to 5. They said they could replace it. I told them I would call back in 5 months.:eek:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I waited 18 months for a wil Middlebrooks finest auto, when it came it had ryan sweeny's picture on it.
good luck with yours.

Image14_zps654f9a85.jpg

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Probably 2 years. I redeemed a card this past summer that there were live versions of the card showing up on ebay. Redeemed my card thinking the live versions are out there and it would be 4-6 weeks.

Called topps after 6 weeks - told my redemption card is still pending because athlete still owed them 275 or whatever amount of stickers. Said since offseason just started, they thought the athlete would get their stickers back quickly. Since the athlete supposedly hasn't returned 275 stickers in the 2 offseasons since the redemption card was inserted into packs, I doubt that's going to happen so I'm expecting to get screwed on a replacement at some point. My gut feeling is Topps stole 275 stickers from that auto card inventory allocation to make newer cards for tier one, museum collection, etc. that aren't redemptions or else those stickers are really owed to finish my auto card but incoming stickers are being diverted to newer higher end products instead of making good on past products still waiting to be fulfilled.

This is why I was curious. It's not a print run of 500 where the athlete didn't sign 172 of them. It's one card that's already been returned to Topps

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Marked as shipped yesterday. Four days, damn. Not sure if it's dumb luck or I have a new method for buying redemptions

Members online

Latest posts