Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My cool & worthless Rak Paks with stars showing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For the past several months, I've been picking up these packs with stars and "interesting" cards showing them.

These used to be popular back then and I also collected and searched them out as a kid.

I generally try to avoid buying packs with ONE star player showing unless it's a mega star due to the space they take up.

I really like combos and interesting ones like the following:

1426472025310.jpg incorrectly packaged with the all star card in wrong slot. Can't recall ever seeing these and it's even better with a Ryne and Brett (back of dawson) showing.

1426472175025.jpg Two more error packages but even better because one has two Clarks and the other a backwards/ error wrapped Ripken.

1426472334925.jpg REALLY REALLY love this one! Somehow a football rak pak insert wound up backwards in this baseball pack. Also has a Henderson on back.

1426472522794.jpg I consider these interesting because the odds say it rarely should occur. Triple Yankees on top including the famous Leiter error.
And the other shows THREE Hall of Famers on top plus another in Blyleven on reverse.

1426472720734.jpg Nolan and Randy Johnson on top and the Smoltz Glavine error on the other.

I have more, will post later. How about yours?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've just started to "care" about these types of things. I have a few Clark's but would like to add. Any chance you'd trade / sell the one(s) you have of Clark ?
[MENTION=3012]ajw[/MENTION] has a 1988 Donruss one w all 3 different Clark's on the top , pretty unique and the odds are prob huge to pull that off.

That one w the FB card in it is a cluster f$$k.

Thanks for showing and lmk if you'd move any of the Clark stuff. Thx

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I have a small box of these put away as well. Here is my O'neill Rookie with George Brett:
rakpak.jpg

I picked this one up at a show while back for a Kevin McReynolds collector on another forum and he didn't want it, lol (2 HOFers)
racpacl.png

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Jesus , really 100+ ? What do you think is your average delivered price ,

Ryan

I will usually bid on them if they are a dollar or two or maybe three with a decent shipping price. Usually try to stay in the $5-$6 delivered range. That is for common ones though. I have a case of 1990 Donruss and a case of 1990 Topps with some Clarks on top.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have a small box of these put away as well. Here is my O'neill Rookie with George Brett:
rakpak.jpg

I picked this one up at a show while back for a Kevin McReynolds collector on another forum and he didn't want it, lol (2 HOFers)
racpacl.png

Nice O'neills. 1977 Toops rack packs with a Dawson rookie on front are out of my price range. Maybe one day.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The ones I have generally cost me less than fifty cents as I buy them at shows.

Yesterday's huge amount of packs I bought ran me twenty cents per.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
@ajw has a 1988 Donruss one w all 3 different Clark's on the top , pretty unique and the odds are prob huge to pull that off. Ryan

Here's my pack. It's in my Top Five favorite items, for sure! I think there are 686 cards in the set (660 + 26 MVP cards).
The odds would be
(3/686) X (2/686) X (1/686). That equals a very, very small number. I highly doubt there are any other racks like it. I'm not even sure if there are any other players with three cards in the set to even make it possible with another player.

1988%20Donruss%20Rack%20Pack%20Will%20Clark.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Definitely one of the best racks of all time! <<insert wolf whistle>>

I collect racks with wax with Thomas rookies showing, I have some '70s star packs as well.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A couple more cool ones

1426552652452.jpg1426552675341.jpg I bought this one because every slot has a "name player" showing.

1426552889911.jpg A Donnie on the front and back of a single pack.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
How many Rack Packs do you guys think were made. Anyone have any estimates? It would be really cool to know how rare each variation actually may be. For example, if my math is correct, if 100,000 rack packs were distributed, there should be .18 of the triple Will. Obviously you can't have a fraction of a pack, but that would mean that pack, odds-wise, was unlikely to have existed in the first place. If 1,000,000 rack packs were made, that would mean there were likely 2 of those made and the search would be on ;)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
How many Rack Packs do you guys think were made. Anyone have any estimates? It would be really cool to know how rare each variation actually may be. For example, if my math is correct, if 100,000 rack packs were distributed, there should be .18 of the triple Will. Obviously you can't have a fraction of a pack, but that would mean that pack, odds-wise, was unlikely to have existed in the first place. If 1,000,000 rack packs were made, that would mean there were likely 2 of those made and the search would be on ;)

I'm sure it's over 100,000 in the 88/89 years etc. It's all my opinion , but there was probably that many cases of raks made , but not sure. Yes , the Will that Andrew has is very unique !

Ryan

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
All I know is it's incredibly rare and likely a one-of-a-kind item. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I do remember racing to my computer to hit the Buy it Now when I saw the rack in a saved search email. I'm sure we all know that feeling, right? I was sure one of those other Will Clark vultures...er...collectors was going to snap it up!

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
i have this, i was working on building the set and was looking through the stack to see if there was any cards i needed showing

PoseyCard.jpg

Members online

Latest posts