Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Questions about Ebay "Hot Packs"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
I look at these "hot packs" listed on EBay all the time (Topps, Heritage, Ginter, etc) and I wanted to get some more info from the board members here.
1) Are these just pack searchers that know what's in there as the "hit"?
2) Do some sellers, just open and reseal the pack after putting the "hit" in?
3) Has anyone every bought one and pulled a really fantastic card ie. if it says guaranteed relic or auto, you pull a superstar?

Any info, stories, experiences with these, I would love to know about. Thanks!

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
These are typically from guys that know how to slide the cards around in the packs and search them. I bought one once. I did get a relic card but it was nothing special. I don't buy any of them now as I don't feel it's right to support the people that do that.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
The majority of them are probably resealed with the "hit" being inserted. Odds are you won't pull anything great. About 5 years ago I bought a few just to see what they were. a couple I remember are getting a Colby Rasmus SOTF auto from a Bowman pack and a football pack (can't remember brand) got me a Mike Wallace 2 color patch while he was playing on the Steelers before he got good.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I tested a few a while back , you get the hit , but commons . I'm 95% sure all are reseated . I too won't buy again at any price as I don't want to support them

Ryan

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Yeah I tried it awhile back and same thing. I remember both were a crummy common jersey card of nobody good. I never did it again as I didn't want to support the pack searching community or scammers.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
A lot of these packs come from the pack searchers that go to walmart/target so odds of hitting anything worth anything are slim to none. 95% of the time it will be a relic/auto that you can't sell for .99 cent. I bought a few years ago and got complete garbage...

Steve K.

Sep 8, 2009
I bought one of these years ago, a pack of 2006 Bowman Heritage with a guaranteed auto. When the pack arrived, it had a post-it note stuck to the outside that said "Lance Broadway". Sure enough, when I opened the pack, a Broadway auto was inside. Realizing that the seller obviously knew what was inside, I contacted her and called her out. She was embarrassed that she'd forgotten to remove the note, and sent me a few more "hot packs" for free. I accepted them and moved on, but ever since then, I've wished that I'd reported her instead.

Don't ever buy them!

Members online

Latest posts