Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it still a big advantage to list and end on Sunday on eBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It used to be that Sunday was the ideal day to list cards on eBay because people are home looking at eBay and the auction also ends on the following Sunday.

But now, with most people having smartphones and being able to check eBay from anywhere, like standing on line at the supermarket, and increased sniping, does it matter when I list cards?
Especially if I list with Buy it Now with Best Offer?

I ask because I wanted to list a bunch of things today, but I won't have time before it gets late. And I thought, I'll just do it on Monday instead of waiting another week.

But will I be losing potential customers? Or does it not matter anymore?

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I usually do them sundays but only cuz that's the only day I have the time. I have the eBay app that reminds me of items I'm watching at any hour so I don't think its as important as it once was

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I always list on Sunday 'cuz I have time and a good seller told me he still thinks Sunday nite is best nite for ending items.

But I'd be careful with next week being a Holiday weekend, especially Monday. I'm sure that affects ending prices...

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I end regular auctions every evening but Friday and Saturday. Also I end between 8:30pm-9:30pm EST during those days unless I just list BIN/BO then I will just list it because whatever happens, happens.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I'd say Sunday night just because more people are off that night than any other night. I almost always work Sunday nights but I'm way too busy to look at my cell phone at work.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think it's not so much that one specific day is best anymore, as much as it is that two days (Friday and Saturday) are notably worse than the rest of the week. I say this because I know for a fact that I've been out with friends or family on these days and completely forgot to set my snipes, even with phone app, and the card goes for a good bit less than I would have paid. Surely I'm not the only one who has done that before.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I think there is still magic to Sunday - it seems the stuff I bid on has more competitive bidding or I get outbid if it's an item that finishes on a Sunday evening.

as for me personally, since I snipe I don't care when one ends it (but I prefer Tues or Wed mornings as some of my great deals were won when it ended on a weekday morning and my snipe was the opening/winning bid).

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I agree with the ones who say it doesn't matter anymore. I just would avoid it ending on Friday/Saturday evenings and would avoid ending on holidays.

Members online

Latest posts