Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The season so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Well the all star is quickly approaching so I thought I'd start a discussion on the first half. What's been your biggest surprises and disappointments? Who is your mid season MVP and ROY?
My biggest surprise is Los Yankees! I thought this season would be difficult to watch especially with how loaded the Blue Jays are but I'm very happy at their play especially ARod who (as I predicted) should be comeback player of the year. Biggest disappointment is the Padres, all the talk was that they won the off season and they've produced nothing. As a Giants fan I'm happy with it but I thought a three team race would make the west more interesting.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Well the all star is quickly approaching so I thought I'd start a discussion on the first half. What's been your biggest surprises and disappointments? Who is your mid season MVP and ROY?
My biggest surprise is Los Yankees! I thought this season would be difficult to watch especially with how loaded the Blue Jays are but I'm very happy at their play especially ARod who (as I predicted) should be comeback player of the year. Biggest disappointment is the Padres, all the talk was that they won the off season and they've produced nothing. As a Giants fan I'm happy with it but I thought a three team race would make the west more interesting.

Arod has definitley brought his A-Game after his suspension, he has been hitting milestones left and right and still seems to be going strong, let's hope he either maintains or picks it up after the All-star Break

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Roberto Osuna is having a really nice season, I didn't think think he could compete for the AL ROY being in middle relief but since he is now the Blue Jays I think he has a chance now. The problem is going to be Correa.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Padres have the exact same record as they did last year at this point. With the expanded payroll and several high profile trades and signings this is very disappointing. The last 2 weeks have especially been brutal to watch.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ

Hey! It is a three team race if you haven't noticed, those Giants aren't alone in 2nd place ;)

I'd pick the Astros, fun to see them doing so well with such low expectations.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Surprise that the CUbs have played as well. Really surprised how well the NL Central is doing and how desperate the division between the top and bottom is.

The Padres and specifically Matt Kemp have been a disappointment. Someone posted this the other day on facebook in reference to Ryan Braun and Matt Kemp and how no one is asking why Kemp has fallen off: "Matt Kemp 2011 defenders be like-"

Z1eIy.gif

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The Pirates and Cubs doing so well.

And the Brewers doing so bad.

The Astros doing so well.

I guess I wouldn't have been surprised about the Brewers being dead last per se but I definitely didn't expect their record to be this awful either. On the flip side, as a fan of any Central team not based in St Louis, it is maddening how they have been able to just roll over that roster again and again and lose key guys yet continue to dominate. Makes me hate them that much more!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
it is maddening how they have been able to just roll over that roster again and again and lose key guys yet continue to dominate. Makes me hate them that much more!

As a Cardinals fan, what I've found crazy for the last 20 years or so is the clubs ability to acquire someone who's a mid-level type of player, and when they come to the Cardinals they overachieve insanely while they're there, then after they leave they are never as good as they were with St. Louis. The only exception I can think of in recent times is Ty Wiggington. But he just sucked overall for everyone. But people like Rafael Belliard, Jeff Weaver, Felipe Lopez, Tony Womack, and countless others played great for St. Louis while they were there, then we're basically never heard from again. It's happened countless times. They're really great at maximizing the potential of players.

This season what has amazed me is how great the starting pitching has been since the loss of Wainwright. They just plug a new guy in every fifth day and don't miss a beat.

I can see how it would be extremely frustrating for other clubs to watch from a distance.

I don't take it for granted.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I think the season so far has been great. Very exciting. Biggest surprises have been the Twins and Astros. Molitor has done a great job with the Twins. I think the Astros will fall back to the pack in the second half. My Phillies need to pick it up in the 2nd half so they don't end up with the worst record in baseball and franchise history. Hoping for a great All-Star game and second half of the season. And more extra inning games!:p

Members online

Latest posts