Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Havent seen one lately...SHOW OFF YOUR WHITE WHALE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
If you don't have your white whale, just post a biggie in your collection :)

I am 2/3 on my L.J. Hoes ones...looking for that super.

HoesElite1of1.jpg
USA_Hoes.jpg

I would consider these to be white whales also...

CyFront.jpg
CyBack.jpg
HornsbyFront.jpg
HornsbyBack.jpg

your turn!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
My white whale still eludes me. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Kirby Puckett. Been looking for it about 10 years now.

I came across one back in 97, but I was young and didn't have the cash for it. It was listed at 300, and I'm willing to pay triple or more than that now.

Unfortunetly my financial situation currently wouldn't allow me to pick it up if it were listed. I hope that one comes up soon, and that I can work around my finances to afford it.

My other white whale is in D-panthers sig :lol: I always considered it, but never could get myself to pick it up. IMO one of the, if not the best Modern Williams card ever made

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I'm still looking for them:

1996 Select Mirror Gold
1997 Donruss Signatures Century Auto
1998 RED Crusades
1998 Co-Signers Auto with Gwynn
1998 Co-Signers Auto with Grudzielanek

Please let me know if ya got 'em.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
This was my WW until last year :D
SN-OS_smith.jpg

This is the only regular version card thats a 1/1. So if I ever finish the set, I'll be the only one with a COMPLETE set. :cool:

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Never could pull the trigger on this one. It was just Out of my range. However I did get the 2004 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor 1/1 of Matt Schaub from flight. This card and Mirror Black's in general are simply Awesome. DLP needs to bring back THIS design.

picture.php

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
My two biggest are the 2005 Topps Chrome and BC superfractors. Not sure if I will ever see them to be honest. I have eight accounted for...seven in my PC, and one in another Oswalt collector's PC. As far as autographs go, my #1 is the 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars /50.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Thanks for the education.

I don't really have a white whale, but there are many Pacific cards I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I have several, but the two main ones are

2008 Ultimate Derek Jeter patch auto (I've seen 3 or 4 of these)
2008 Ultimate Jason Varitek patch auto (only one in the set I haven't seen yet)

The others are pretty affordable even if they rarely pop up now.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
Mine and Jarcar are pretty much the same

1996 Select Mirror Gold
1997 Donruss Signatures Century Auto
1998 RED Crusades
1998 Co-Signers Auto with Gwynn

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
This post made me do some research, and mine truly is a white whale...I've for the longest time looked for and hoped that a 2004 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Yadier Molina would pop up. Well, it never will....it doesn't exist! I guess I need to find another card to fawn over.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I'm still looking for a 1992 Oklahoma State Cowboys a college team issued set that has one of the two cards I need to finish my Jay Canizaro collection. The other card I need to finish the set is a 1998 Shreveport Captains WK Sportscare minor league card, this set I am fairly certain wasn't produced although Beckett has it listed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts