Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay item lost by USPS: Seller to refund to buyer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Sent an item a few weeks back that appears to have been lost by USPS. The DC# has not been updated in 14 days.

The buyer has opened a case on eBay for the item, to which I provided the DC# and it shows leaving my PO and arriving at theirs, but it was never sent out for delivery.

Am I just out the money and card on this deal, and required to refund?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Sent an item a few weeks back that appears to have been lost by USPS. The DC# has not been updated in 14 days.

The buyer has opened a case on eBay for the item, to which I provided the DC# and it shows leaving my PO and arriving at theirs, but it was never sent out for delivery.

Am I just out the money and card on this deal, and required to refund?

If it never shows as delivered, you're out of luck. Sadly with the way ebay is these days, it could have been delivered and never scanned.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
It's no guarantee but I'd still call USPS and open a case and they'll contact the last stops that tracking shows. I just had the same thing happen with a card I sent stuck for something like two weeks too. It took about a weeks time from the first call but it did get found and delivered so miracles do happen.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If you sent with Priority, there is automatically $50 insurance included
If you sent with First Class, and did not purchase insurance, you are SOL

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I had a purchase that was delivered 3 weeks ago but something went wrong with the scan and it still doesn't show as being delivered. Hopefully this isn't someone taking advantage of an error by the postal worker. But like everyone has said, getting it in the mail doesn't matter, getting it delivered is what eBay looks for in these cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts