Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********Good Morning Thread ~ Tuesday 11/24********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] I almost joined you in the hit deer club this morning. I was traveling a road to work that I have been on thousands of times before and never seen a deer on that road before and by the time I saw them it was too late. The last one just happened to turn around and go back and I was able to go in between two of them. Definitely the closest I have come to hitting one in a vehicle.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good morning. Know what you mean about the deer. They are all over here. I haven't hit one yet. Our county almost became the first one in the state to start shooting them to lower their population. They are still thinking about doing it.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning. Know what you mean about the deer. They are all over here. I haven't hit one yet. Our county almost became the first one in the state to start shooting them to lower their population. They are still thinking about doing it.

I'm sure that would make some people happy.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, it's about 50/50 here (happy/unhappy) . If they do decide to shoot them the deer meat would go to charities to help feed the hungry. But I really don't mind all the deer. They are fun to watch and these deer herds don't have deer ticks like a lot of them do.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] I almost joined you in the hit deer club this morning. I was traveling a road to work that I have been on thousands of times before and never seen a deer on that road before and by the time I saw them it was too late. The last one just happened to turn around and go back and I was able to go in between two of them. Definitely the closest I have come to hitting one in a vehicle.

Glad you stayed out of the club, trust me, it's not one you want to be in!
An update to my story, the adjuster came yesterday and said the about $3,000 in damage is worth repairing and it got towed to a body shop. Guess the $1800 KBB value was a little off? Or it's not what they go by. Only have to pay $500 for our deductible and Progressive pays the rest. Plus I have a rental car included, one of those push to start new things, I might get spoiled and not want my '04 civic back, haha.

A few appointments today, one for me and one for the baby, and hopefully some relaxing before work tomorrow then off for the rest of the holiday weekend! Hope y'all have a great one
Sorry for the Long read!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Im off work the next 7 days. Gotta get caught up on my mail, then off to the grocery to buy a bird for Thursday.

Only 10 more days of work left this calendar year!
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] , Ive been in the Deer hit club. When you hit it and an Ohio State Patrolman pulls up, then looks at your vehicle, hands you a failure to control ticket to pad his quota, really adds insult to injury. Btw, less than $600 in damage to my truck though. F150 1 - Deer 0.

Enjoy your day all!

Fordman

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Glad you stayed out of the club, trust me, it's not one you want to be in!
An update to my story, the adjuster came yesterday and said the about $3,000 in damage is worth repairing and it got towed to a body shop. Guess the $1800 KBB value was a little off? Or it's not what they go by. Only have to pay $500 for our deductible and Progressive pays the rest. Plus I have a rental car included, one of those push to start new things, I might get spoiled and not want my '04 civic back, haha.

A few appointments today, one for me and one for the baby, and hopefully some relaxing before work tomorrow then off for the rest of the holiday weekend! Hope y'all have a great one
Sorry for the Long read!
I hit a deer in 2010 with my GMC 2500HD. $6,700 in damage and the fixed it. The one thing I remember that pissed me off was I was covered for X amount of dollars a day for the rental and it ran a few dollars more plus tax. When the truck was done I owed like $70 because of the extra few dollars a day so make sure your good.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I hit a deer in 2010 with my GMC 2500HD. $6,700 in damage and the fixed it. The one thing I remember that pissed me off was I was covered for X amount of dollars a day for the rental and it ran a few dollars more plus tax. When the truck was done I owed like $70 because of the extra few dollars a day so make sure your good.

Yeah with tax for the rental I'm paying an extra 3.60something a day, hoping the car doesn't take too long, but with the holiday, who knows?

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all
attachment.php

Members online

Latest posts