Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1992 MLBPA Vincentown Pins/Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Stumbled upon these while digging thru the goodies I brought back from my 1990s collection at my parents house.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1452221894.364498.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1452221909.619926.jpg

Having a hard time trying to tracking down a lot of info or pricing on them thou. From what I have found I think they are 1992 MLBPA Vincentown Pins/Buttons, but only have found a few online at all under that description.

The second photo is a bad picture of the side of the button which says MLBPA Baseball Buttons Vincentown, N. J. (C) 1992 MLB .

I've actually had greater luck finding the proofs to these than any sales for the actual buttons. Players I have include:

Lee Smith (Yellow top/Red bottom)
Robin Yount x2 (Red Top/Yellow Bottom)
Dan Plesac (Yellow top/Red Bottom)
Tom Browning (Yellow top/Red Bottom)
Ozzie Smith (Red top/Yellow bottom)
Bobby Bonilla (Red Top/Yellow bottom)

There are no numbers on the pins/buttons at all and nothing on the metal backs.

Anybody got any more info on these? Anybody have there player?

Thanks,
Jeff

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't have any hard facts here, but personal observations and memories, but they seem to be a bit tougher to find than the red/blue buttons that look very similar. I have a bunch of the red/blue but only a smaller quantity of the red/yellow like you show. These are some scans I still have saved, but the buttons are buried right now.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
From what I've found that's what it seems-hardly any for sale besides on Amazon.

Maybe @DaCylde has some more info on these...

Thanks,
Jeff

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
The red and yellow pins sometimes are listed as 1992 Carol Wright instead of Vincetown. Thus far, no idea why.

From what I had read and gathered, it seems like people refer to the Square Proofs as the Carol Wright's. They were sent to the retailer Carol Wright for approval before actually being made. After that info starts to dry up, including if these pins were actually ever distributed mainstream.

Thanks,
Jeff

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ok, from the 2005 Standard Catalog:

1992 Baseball Buttons - Carol Wright

This custom issue of baseball player pinback buttons was done for Carol Wright, a major mail-order catalog company. The pins are 1-1/2" in diameter with color player portrait photos at center. The photo is bordered at top in red and at bottom in yellow. An issue of 1,500 2" x 2" blank-backed cardboard proofs was also released; they are valued about 2-3X the regular button.

From Beckett:

1992 VINCENTOWN BUTTON PROOFS

These proofs, which measure roughly 2" by 2" when cleanly cut, were issued to Carol Wright to promote their products. The phrase M.L.B.P.A. Baseball Buttons Vincentown, N.J, 1992 appears below each player image. They were intended to be cut and attached to a button and each proof had an announced print run of 1500. Since these cards are not numbered, we have listed this set in alphabetical order. Numbers 1-20 feature "hitters", while numbers 21-40 feature pitchers. The top half of the hitters "cards" are red, while the bottom half is yellow. The top half of the pitchers "cards" are yellow, while the bottom half is red.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Knew you would be able to dig up some more info on these! Alright so they go by both names-that makes it nice and easy lol.

How many of you player collectors have yours?

Thanks,
Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts