Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinal fans. Who is going to be your closer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Perez or Jason Motte? Motte has been amazing this spring ,but Perez looked to be your closer going into spring. Who do want it to be and who do you think it will be? Cardinal's seem to be keeping it a secret. Not sure why.

PS: Who says closers don't get love. Motte Gold Refractor $30+ with 4 days left.. Time to dig through your '05 BC commons boxes.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
At this point, I both want and think it will be Motte. He's got the arm for it and the secondary stuff is developing. Perez has too many control issues. Even though TLR and the front office won't officially name a closer, if Motte gets a couple saves and his confidence continues to grow (I think it's pretty high right now), it may be his job for the next couple of years. As long as one of them develops into a closer I'm fine with that. I don't think Motte's gold has any business going for 30 though.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
At this point, I both want and think it will be Motte. He's got the arm for it and the secondary stuff is developing. Perez has too many control issues. Even though TLR and the front office won't officially name a closer, if Motte gets a couple saves and his confidence continues to grow (I think it's pretty high right now), it may be his job for the next couple of years. As long as one of them develops into a closer I'm fine with that. I don't think Motte's gold has any business going for 30 though.

His blue's have been ending over $10. Doesn't seem like it a fluke. He looked good at the end of last season when the Cardinal's called him up. 11IP 1ER 16K.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Motte

Perez might not even make the team out of Spring, although he looked pretty good today.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Skorris (CCBC) said:
Motte

Perez might not even make the team out of Spring, although he looked pretty good today.

Motte is a great story. Catcher turned pitcher. Dave Duncan is a huge fan of him.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
AKA Coastal said:
Codasco07 said:

His blue's have been ending over $10. Doesn't seem like it a fluke. He looked good at the end of last season when the Cardinal's called him up. 11IP 1ER 16K.

I'm not saying it's a fluke, I'm saying it's overpriced.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
All signs point to Motte... Duncan seems like he is giving him the chance to lose the spot

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
[quote="Skorris (CCBC)":1jqb408n]Motte

Motte is a great story. Catcher turned pitcher. Dave Duncan is a huge fan of him.[/quote:1jqb408n]

the angels have had a few of those types as well; percival (C), arredondo (SS)

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
I hope it's Motte. Totally spaced on a fantasy draft and the auto pick grabbed me 7 starting pitchers and only one closer. Luckily I was able to snag Motte off waivers.

Craig

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, I knew that Motte Green Ref and Motte Gold Ref were good pickups for $5 each! :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
stlalways94 said:
Wow, I knew that Motte Green Ref and Motte Gold Ref were good pickups for $5 each! :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Where did you get them at those prices? Local show?

The green's look real nice. I wish Topps/Bowman would bring them back. I think they would be real popular.

motte.jpg

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
stlalways94 said:

Where did you get them at those prices? Local show?

The green's look real nice. I wish Topps/Bowman would bring them back. I think they would be real popular.

motte.jpg

Sportlots in December. ;) I am listing them right now.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Cardinals optioned RHP Chris Perez to Triple-A Memphis.
The Cardinals had eight relievers for seven spots, and Perez's absence to rest a sore shoulder really cost him. This means that Brad Thompson will be on the squad as a middle reliever. Since both Thompson and Zach McClellan are fallbacks for the rotation, Perez could be the first pitcher recalled no matter whether it's a starter or reliever who goes down.
Related: Brad Thompson

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Just posted on rotoworld.com. Straight from the horse's mouth. Great sleeper for Fantasy baseball.

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa confirmed Monday that Jason Motte would see save chances.
"We are going to use whoever is available but I would believe that Motte is going to get a chance to close games," La Russa said.
Ryan Franklin and Josh Kinney could also receive save chances with Chris Perez out of the mix for now.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
AKA Coastal said:
The Cardinals had eight relievers for seven spots, and Perez's absence to rest a sore shoulder really cost him. This means that Brad Thompson will be on the squad as a middle reliever. Since both Thompson and Zach McClellan are fallbacks for the rotation, Perez could be the first pitcher recalled no matter whether it's a starter or reliever who goes down.

LOL.

BTW Coastal, any insight as to what the new pit IPOs will be?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
AKA Coastal said:

LOL.

BTW Coastal, any insight as to what the new pit IPOs will be?

Yes, there will be 100 of them instead of 50 (including S.Strasburg, R.Porcello, Lars Anderson, Buster Posey). Lots of autographs ,but also some base cards of "elite" prospects that have autographs already on thepit (more volume). A little bit of everything.
img_MarketReport.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:

Zach McClellan? Seriously.

It's Kyle.

Members online

Latest posts