Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IP card Preperation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
What do you guys do/what are the different ways of prepping a card so that when a player signs it, the sharpie is solid, and not streaky???

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
Skorris CCBC said:
Nothing, unless they're glossy, then I gently use an eraser.

exactly.
i like the white erasers in the click pencils instead of the pink erasers on top of wooded pencils. the white erasers seem to be less coarse or abrasive on glossy cards.

*it may be obvious but some people just don't know*
you will want to rub off the eraser remnants left on the card.
the same goes for finger prints. if you use your finger to dull the glossy area they might sign, rub that area with your shirt to remove those finger print streaks.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Even rubbing them down/eraser/baby powder sometimes you still get bubbles streaks on glossy cards. One reason why I like Allen Ginter/ Heritage and even UD First edition products. Non glossy and they look great signed.
I have heard that Staedtler markers are great on glossy surfaces, that they turn out really nice. Might have to buy one of those myself and test out.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Use baby powder to rub down the cards with.
Ive tried the staedtlers and I dont think they look as nice as sharpies.

Members online

Latest posts