Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**CAUTION WITH ATHLETICCONNECTIONS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bateson

Oct 8, 2008
So AthleticConnections was posting in the transaction forum and "really" needed money ASAP, so I worked out a deal with him for a lot which is posted here:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37126

I confirmed sent Paypal on 3/27, and sent a message confirming he received and that he was shipping out as stated on Saturday 3/28... I received no response whatsoever on that..ok no big deal.

Get on my Paypal account on 3/29 and see that I have a Refund of $530 in my Paypal account... look at it to see if I received any sort of explanation and there was nothing there. So I send a PM and received no answer.. it finally wasnt until I saw the Porcello XFractor that I was due to receive on ebay listed by non other than AthleticConnections... so I sent him a message stating to check his PM's because I was going to give him a chance to make it right.. finally I get a message stating, "what do you need for compensation". I request either $50 or a Maybin Blue Auto ($60-$65)... after all I help him out in a pinch and was taken advantage of as they just used my money ($530) for personal use for 2 days, when I would have made roughly $200+ on the lot.

He said my demand was "outrageous" when he said a Maybin Bowman Auto would have been suffiencient. Which sell for $40-$45ish so my extra $5-10 was OUTRAGEOUS. So the member stated that they didn't care if I "bashed them on the boards". Obv doesn't care about his perceived reputation!

I will give credit to them that they did refund my money and I didn't have to go thru Paypal to get my money back... but the person's word means absolutely JACK ****, very dishonest person and very unethical.

Take caution as this member sells "Autographed" 8x10's which I'm not saying are fake but with this display of ethics all things regarding this member can be questioned!

SN: AthleticConnections
ebay name: athleticconnectionsmemorabilia24

Be cautious when dealing with this member!

-Scott

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
pretty sad this guy is a member here. How nic eof you to just " lend " hime 530 for a few days so he could do whatever. What a tool. thanks for the heads up

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Not a good/smart move on his part, but I have made a successful transaction with him in the past with no problems.
oh well...

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. It seems like the economy is forcing more and more "reputable" members to turn to d-baggery. Backing out of a confirmed deal is NOT cool.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jays_Cards said:
Thanks for the heads up. It seems like the economy is forcing more and more "reputable" members to turn to d-baggery. Backing out of a confirmed deal is NOT cool.

it was never a confirmed deal in the sellers eyes, jerk knew what he was doing from the get go

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
EricChavezCollector3 said:
I agree that what he did was low, but requesting $50 cash or $60 card as compensation is just a little over the top.

its just interest combined with the fact he didnt know he was loaning money out

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
Jays_Cards said:

it was never a confirmed deal in the sellers eyes, jerk knew what he was doing from the get go

what are you talking about? Sending paypal for cards is as "confirmed" as it gets.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1gcje4pt]Thanks for the heads up. It seems like the economy is forcing more and more "reputable" members to turn to d-baggery. Backing out of a confirmed deal is NOT cool.

what are you talking about? Sending paypal for cards is as "confirmed" as it gets.[/quote:1gcje4pt]

basically what i am saying is the seller had it planned from the beginning and never actually planned on sending his end, he planned on using it to borrow money and then refund a few days later, in his eyes there was no deal

bateson

Oct 8, 2008
ericchavez--- If I wanted to go into the banking business I would be on a banking forum... I'm not here to just loan out $500+ for the personal use of people that I don't know.

So what you are saying is you would give me $500 to do what I wanted with for a couple days and you would have no problem with that whatsoever? When I stood to make $200+ on the deal and passed on a few other lots since I tied up all of this money there.

I don't think it is over the top one bit!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":22dzr72w]Thanks for the heads up. It seems like the economy is forcing more and more "reputable" members to turn to d-baggery. Backing out of a confirmed deal is NOT cool.

what are you talking about? Sending paypal for cards is as "confirmed" as it gets.

basically what i am saying is the seller had it planned from the beginning and never actually planned on sending his end, he planned on using it to borrow money and then refund a few days later, in his eyes there was no deal[/quote:22dzr72w]

Doesnt matter. That is the definition of backing out of a confirmed deal. If you agree to complete a trade, and you then choose not to, its still backing out. While refunding the $$ and not making the buyer jump through hoops to get his $$ back is nice, its still a d-bag thing to do.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
bateson said:
ericchavez--- If I wanted to go into the banking business I would be on a banking forum... I'm not here to just loan out $500+ for the personal use of people that I don't know.

So what you are saying is you would give me $500 to do what I wanted with for a couple days and you would have no problem with that whatsoever? When I stood to make $200+ on the deal and passed on a few other lots since I tied up all of this money there.

I don't think it is over the top one bit!

I understand your frustration, I am sure we have all been in your shoes at one time or another.

Would I be happy with the situation? No.
Would I refuse to deal with seller again? Yes.
Would I warn others to avoid a seller that follows these practices? Yes.

But requesting additional compensation from a seller that follows these types of practices is not only over the top but also silly to think you would actually receive it, since obviously honesty isn't a high priority for this individual.

I am sorry that these types of things happen and yes I would be just as frustrated as you, but I would warn others and chalk it up as a lesson learned that didn't cost personally cost you anything.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I am VERY shocked at this! I have dealt with Cliff literally hundreds of times and am speechless.

I will definitely catch him later and see what is up!

David

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
dethomas07 said:
I am VERY shocked at this! I have dealt with Cliff literally hundreds of times and am speechless.

I will definitely catch him later and see what is up!

David

This is great...even thought this hobby has a large community, it's still small because it seems like there is always someone on these boards that have dealt with these most dealers out there a lot, and can contact them about stuff like this. While my situation with wolverine24 isn't resolved yet, I would never had been able to contact Chad if it wasn't for this board.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
I had one deal with him on a AROD autographed baseball. Got it authenticated and came back authentic by JSA.

AthleticConnections

Dec 19, 2008
just to set the record straight

1) in no way am i proud of how this went down or that it did, but was in a difficult situation and did what i had to to take care of it, and that im not ashamed of

2) his money was returned the following night, and he was offer a maybin bowman auto ( cv $40) in compensation for basically a 24 hour loan....which he decline as he wanted more (maybin bowman blue auto)

3) mods feel free to delete my acct from this site, as i will not be returning. ive done nothing but continously buy from members on this site, im sure theres other sites who have members who will sell to a "d-bag"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts