Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The word mojo should be abolished.

What d'ya think?

• It's a cool and fun word and appropriately describes a nice pack-pulled card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Honestly there is no reason for this thread to exist other than the fact that I'm bored out of my mind right now and am tired of seeing this word. Furthermore, I wanted to use the phrase "I don't give a hoot" in context (see poll option #3).

Anyway, there's no reason for the word "mojo" to exist, especially in relation to cards. I cringe at how retarded it is every time I see it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't care one way or the other. I don't use it, personally, because I've never pulled anything big enough to warrant using the word.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think the word 'mojo' fits perfectly within our hobby and its a pleasure to my eyes every time I read it, no matter what point of the spectrum its being used on/for.

Mojo, Mojo, MOJO!!!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Survey rule #1: Don't use language that biases the survey.

I think your thread title clearly shows which way you lean.

Yes, it's overused. But there are worse crimes committed on the boards. The problem is that Mojo definition varies by collector. To me, mojo is only when you hit the really big card, like a Babe Ruth auto cut. But to someone that spends a lot less in the hobby, mojo can be a Derrek Lee patch card. To each his own, no skin off my back.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
gracecollector said:
Survey rule #1: Don't use language that biases the survey.

I think your thread title clearly shows which way you lean.

Yes, it's overused. But there are worse crimes committed on the boards. The problem is that Mojo definition varies by collector. To me, mojo is only when you hit the really big card, like a Babe Ruth auto cut. But to someone that spends a lot less in the hobby, mojo can be a Derrek Lee patch card. To each his own, no skin off my back.

Bolded part number one: Naturally.

Bolded part number two: Definitely, but they wouldn't make as excellent of a pointless thread.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
:lol: :lol: When I was a kid we used the word Mojo to make fun of somebody ( I would have to explain it for anyone to understand) I really dont care either way and alot of times I dont really notice the word used. There was a time though that people poked fun at it and purposely over used it. Kinda like the Laporta thing.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Kinda like the Laporta thing.

Hey, no one pokes fun of Matt Laporta and lives to tell about it. Consider yourself on warning.

laporta.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've never given it any thought whatsoever and I'm not about to really, so I'd lean to the no hoot. I am getting tired of hearing people complain about a single word though :lol: Honestly seems like more people complain or voice their displeasure over it than actually use it in posts

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Amazingly enough, I have used my screenname long before I even knew it was so frequent in the hobby. Didnt even know that until I started seeing it online, never heard it in a shop or at a show for that matter.

Latest posts