Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling "info lost to time" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I like to post baseball card info which is generally lost to time but the threads wind up being scattered on this board.

So, if you have anything which fits the subject, add it here.

One of the things I collect are card magazines from the 80s into 90s and they contained an absolute ton of info people forgot about (or just don't know).

Here's some interesting stuff:

July 1989 baseball cards magazine

Apparently 1988 Fleer had a
Super miniscule run with cards which were missing all their color and Fleer logo.

Reader wrote in mentioning a Strawberry 1986 Donruss highlights card with white letters error to which the magazine replied that they had never heard of it. Goes to show how mega rare cards or errors took so long to make waves pre internet.

Sold in Hasidic areas of New York, Rabbi cards were advertised in a newspaper.

Topps issued a HALF BILLION CARDS the previous year.

T&M cards, the company which produced those umpire cards back then, admitted that the
Main reason for those cards was to get a foot in the door as they wanted to get an mlb license for cards (UD got it instead)

The company did actually produce binders and notebooks with mocked up cards on them to present to MLB.
So you never know, there might be some of these floating around with your guy on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts