Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The case of the disappearing autograph!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Try using something like "Goo Gone" on a soft cloth...I just tested this on a junk refractor with a sharpie and it cleaned it spotless!

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Dang it! I saw the thread title and thought I'd surely be able to make a "this is a case for the Hardly Boys" joke.

hardly%20boys.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
On a related note, a friend of mine (and Craig's) owns a card shop and he bought signed Cade McNown Bears mini helmets for less than the wholesale cost of a new blank helmet. A little Goo Gone and a few wipes...viola...you've more than doubled your money.

Not to mention the good dead of helping Bears fans eliminate the memory of McNown.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
200lbhockeyplayer said:
On a related note, a friend of mine (and Craig's) owns a card shop and he bought signed Cade McNown Bears mini helmets for less than the wholesale cost of a new blank helmet. A little Goo Gone and a few wipes...viola...you've more than doubled your money.

Not to mention the good dead of helping Bears fans eliminate the memory of McNown.

Ha! I hadn't heard that story. Doesn't surprise me at all though with Dan.

Craig

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Last time up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Kubel-200...yZ159963QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This time up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Kubel-200...yZ159963QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess it sells better w/o the auto!

Bo, I want to get an auto off a card also, what method did you use? I'd like to try it myself.

Well, when I got the card auto'd, it bubbled just enough to annoy the crap out of me until finally I said, I don't care if I ruin the card, that auto is coming off. So, I scribbled on a bunch of Bowman Chrome cards and took them with to work to try a few different things to remove the ink. The ink used was a lumocolor and seemingly everything took the ink off. We have a couple alcohols at work used to remove from plastics and glass so it worked out extremely well. My only worry was that the ink on the Kubel had been on there for about two months as opposed to the one night of the test cards, but it was no problem.

Is the auto you want to remove on a chrome card?

Members online

Latest posts