Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

San Diego roadtrip, SDSU game, card show pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
So just got back from San Diego. Damian and I went down to see Strasburg pitch. Not a bad game especially since the game had open seating and we were able to grab seats right behind home plate. Overall, I wasn't that impressed with his performance. UC Davis is by no means a good team and they were able to at least make contact against him. I was expecting a more dominant performance out of him. I guess it was a good sign that he got better as the game progressed though.

We stopped by the Kings Inn card show on the way back. Boxbreaker44 wasn't kidding when he said the show was small. There were 5 dealers set up. 2 had wax, 1 had some prospect stuff and the other two had a couple of bargain bins. Spent a grand total of $2 on these 5 cards:

Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg

Anybody remember what those Brien Taylor autos used to sell for when they came out?

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
Cool that you guys went to the game and got to get an in person look for yourselves, how was the weather?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
lvdan said:
Cool that you guys went to the game and got to get an in person look for yourselves, how was the weather?

Was nice in the sun for the first 3 innings. It got cool after that and it started drizzling towards the end of the game.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Did you try to snag any strasburg autos?

Guy wouldnt sign for me.

Didn't get there early enough to get autos.
Yea same here I got caught in traffic but decided to wait and see If I could get hum before he went on the bus.

Remember this?

IMG_6740.jpg

Scary Moment.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
boxbreaker44 said:
JVC said:
boxbreaker44 said:

Guy wouldnt sign for me.

Didn't get there early enough to get autos.
Yea same here I got caught in traffic but decided to wait and see If I could get hum before he went on the bus.

Remember this?

IMG_6740.jpg

Scary Moment.

I watched that whole thing unfold. That's why you need to pay attention to every ball hit into the stands. She took it square off the back of the head.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
boxbreaker44 said:

Guy wouldnt sign for me.

Really? What did he say? I'm a month away from seeing him and was hoping to get him in-between the Sat double header the day after he pitches.
Long story what happened was...

So the game ends and Stephen packs up his stuff. me and maybe 10 other people are waiting for him by the dugout he just ignores us and goes through the tunnel. So I run to the players exit were the players got on their buses Stephen is no were to be seen the bus leaves but me and 2 other guys decide to wait a bit longer since no one saw him get on the bus. I wait like 30 mins and I say screw it and start to head to my car. But who do I see Strasburg! walking my way I poliety ask if he will sign my ball. He says No sorry im running late. How long would it have taken him to sign 1 ball? Probably the same about of time to say what he did.

So yea I was a lil pissed but I will see him again at state so hopefully he signs then.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
boxbreaker44 said:
ru4scuba said:
boxbreaker44 said:

Guy wouldnt sign for me.

Really? What did he say? I'm a month away from seeing him and was hoping to get him in-between the Sat double header the day after he pitches.
Long story what happened was...

So the game ends and Stephen packs up his stuff. me and maybe 10 other people are waiting for him by the dugout he just ignores us and goes through the tunnel. So I run to the players exit were the players got on their buses Stephen is no were to be seen the bus leaves but me and 2 other guys decide to wait a bit longer since no one saw him get on the bus. I wait like 30 mins and I say screw it and start to head to my car. But who do I see Strasburg! walking my way I poliety ask if he will sign my ball. He says No sorry im running late. How long would it have taken him to sign 1 ball? Probably the same about of time to say what he did.

So yea I was a lil pissed but I will see him again at state so hopefully he signs then.

That picture you took, you were likely sitting right by me and Jeff.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
boxbreaker44 said:

OT, but you might know. Is AJ Griffin of USD injured?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
boxbreaker44 said:

OT, but you might know. Is AJ Griffin of USD injured?
I havent heard anything about Griffin being injured. I was surprised to hear Solis was injured a week or so ago(when I heard he was injured not when he was injured) . Done for the season.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
boxbreaker44 said:
I havent heard anything about Griffin being injured. I was surprised to hear Solis was injured a week or so ago(when I heard he was injured not when he was injured) . Done for the season.

Alright. I didn't see what I thought I saw then tonight.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
boxbreaker44 said:

Alright. I didn't see what I thought I saw then tonight.
What did you think you saw?

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
ru4scuba said:
JVC said:
UC Davis is by no means a good team and they were able to at least make contact against him.

BTW, Davis is currently ranked 21st in the nation. They aren't that bad.

By what rankings?
UC Davis is in my schools conference, CSFU and UC davis is usually at the bottom in baseball. BTW they have won 4 games this year..
http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=627294

Opps... never mind. SD is 21. I glanced at the ranking wrong.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
5 dealers at the kings inn show is actually more than usual. There were three the last time I went. Hope you had fun here. :)

Members online

Latest posts