Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone a fan of Andrew Miller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just curious what people think about Andrew Miller. There's no other sport where a #1 pick overall can get less attention than baseball, (no other sport where such a high percentage of #1 overall picks never amount to much either.)

Anyone think he can develop into a top-flight starter?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
He's ok

But I like Barney Miller better

[youtube:1sxnqjcn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfgNcwOi6WM[/youtube:1sxnqjcn]

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Miller was given a major league contract out of the draft and the Tigers rushed him to the majors entirely too fast. At least they learned from that mis....oh wait.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Andrew Miller wasn't a #1 overall pick. I think he was rushed by the Tigers and now the Marlins are paying the price of that. He only throws two pitches (fastball and slider) well so unless he develops his other pitches he's not going to last long.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Andrew Miller I believe is a direct result of the Tigers.

He was clearly pushed too quickly, and it stunted his growth as a pitcher. Now he is trying to keep his head above water instead of learning how to swim.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Shocker, i have to see the upside here.

The Marlins have worked on smoothing out his delivery for more consistency. Supposedly they're finally making some headway.

There's no doubt the stuff is there, he just can't put it where he wants to.

I'd rather have a physical beast learning how to spot his stuff than a guy who can hit the corners but will never have the stuff.

At his age at least. If he can't do it 3-5 years from now, I'll take Slowey.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I think he has the goods to be a solid pitcher... great? Maybe. He really needs to pull it together. He's still very young

Members online

Latest posts