Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick Custom Card Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I know there are a bunch of guys on here that make some fantastic custom cards so I thought I would try and pick your brains this morning.

I've made a few custom cuts myself, that turned out fairly decent in my opinion, but I don't want to print the same way this time. Last time I basically printed the card image onto labeling paper and affixed it to the thick card stock.

This time I'm just making regular cards, like the A&G in my avatar (edit - once I can figure out that dang colored background). What is the best way to print a thin card like that? I want them to look better than something I could run thru my home printer, but don't know exactly what to do.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Casey

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Example of one card:

PriceAGw-outbackgroundcolor.jpg

We are hopefully going to the Durham Bulls game Friday and Saturday and I hope to have my mini set completed - A&G design with pictures of Price on his 3 minor league teams, Vero Beach, Biscuits, and Bulls and also Vandy and Rays.

Might try to make something real quick of Wieters too! Oh man I'm getting excited about this!

Casey

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
That looks great! If you get him to sign more than one you can send it my way. :lol:

I don't make custom cards or anything, but I know you can buy thicker printer paper. You can go to an office supply store like Office Depot or something and they have card stock printing paper that you would print business cards on. I'm not sure how much thicker you may want to go, but I hope that helps.

Joe

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Get a can of acid-free spray adhesive.

With the spray adhesive you can make cards of any thickness and not deal with the "soaking" and rippling effect of glue.

Once you have spray adhesive you can just layer cards however you like. For example...front image on card stock stuck to poster board stuck to the back which is also on card stock. Viola...you have roughly a 30pt thick card.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Awesome, thanks for the tips. I was hoping you would see this 200lb, I knew you had the ins and outs of customs. Thanks man!

What would you print these on? Photo paper and use spray adhesive to make them thicker, or print them onto a decent card stock and then glue the back image on (printed on the same size card stock)?

Casey

Members online

Latest posts