Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time to play REAL or FAKE: Buyback auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
1. Seller seem to be legit.
2. Seller not from NC
3. Auto nowhere to be found in Beckett
4. Beckett does not list all buyback autos
5. 2007 Bowman's Best did not have box topper buy back autos - if they did I got ripped off in my case.

Whatya think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHIEN-MING-****-BOW ... 240%3A1318

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It's a fake no question. Sad that BigBoyd is selling it too. I've bought from him several times, and everything I've seen of his is legit. Obviously I don't cycle through all his stuff, but he is a lot better than most.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Roy Birchler said:
I don't know about that one. But he is selling this one that is a fake,

[ebay:sxkuzwch]220393142648[/ebay:sxkuzwch]
That looks sloppy. At least take some pride in faking cards...if you can find any pride.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
That **** looks really fake. I am no expert on the subject, but there are a ton of **** Buyback/Originals auto's always showing up on ebay. I usually stay away from them.

It seems people are getting cards of his signed IP, numbering them and selling them as Bowman Originals. In this instance, I would say even the auto looks fake. The lines are not smooth, as if someone was hesitant while signing it as to make sure it was correct.

I know ****'s auto has changed over the years and has become less intricate. Unfortunately, that's made it easier to fake.

I also know nothing about this seller, and I'm not saying he faked it. Maybe he acquired it this way. I would definitely stay away.

Ellis Shoe

Mar 27, 2009
Hi, I bought a box of 07 Bowman's Best a few months ago and mine DID have a box topper buy back as I got a Jake Peavy. I can not find it in beckett, so that may be a question that needs to be asked to Beckett. Just thought I would add to it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
"Seller ID Kept Private" - doesn't help with credibility. Also, they're in the same town as Wolverine24... This is potentially unfortunate because I've worked many deals with Big Boyd's and they've been very helpful in the past, hopefully none of this is true.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
stlalways94 said:
I do not believe that it is a buyback, but the auto itself IS authentic.

There is no way that auto is real.

It has all the tell-tale signs of a slow, labored auto (aka: Fake).

Members online

Latest posts