Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally figured out how many Khalil Greene cards I have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
As organized as my web page is, my actual physical collection is less so. After refusing to go back to my teenage days of keeping cards in binders, I finally broke down and decided to move all my Greene non autos and patches into binders. I got 4 pocket pages for my GU cards--still organizing that binder. When all was said and done I was finally able to see how many different Greene cards I have in my collection:

Different base, inserts, and parallels: 276 (still need to scan many of these on to my page)
Different non auto GU cards: 62
Different certified auto cards: 118
Different 1/1 cards: 9

Total different cards: 465

Next step: see what I can get off Sportlots cheaply to try to get to 500.

Wish me luck,
Anthony

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Hey the longer he hits in front of Pujols your collection will rise :mrgreen:
Personally i like Rasmus in the 2 but besides that Nice Collection!!

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Heres a guess on my Pujols cards

Different base, inserts, and parallels: 600 plus minus a few
Different non auto GU cards: 30
Different certified auto cards: ZERO
Different 1/1 cards: 1

Total different cards: 631 plus minus 100 or so have not counted forever

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Thanks folks. I think Greene would fit better in the 5 or 6 hole--the Padres tried him as a 2 hitter a few times over the years and it just didn't work out.

That is an expansive Pujols collection! Good luck adding some autos. Collecting that guy must be expensive.

I just visited Sportlots and I bought another 19 different cards to add to my collection (at a cost of about $26).

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
did you find 19 cards from one seller? I have never found a good deal on Gwynn cards without paying shipping to each individual seller...

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Yes it is hence No autos lol they go for 120 usually at lowball end
i will get one sooner or later ;) just waiting for the right deal
Thats why i am trying to bulk up my Rasmus collection (cheaper) you got any? lol

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
gwynn5453l4u said:
did you find 19 cards from one seller? I have never found a good deal on Gwynn cards without paying shipping to each individual seller...

I wish!

After adding everything I needed I deleted stuff until I narrowed it down to 4 different sellers. One I just had to get because it was a printing plate for $10. Can't pass that one up, even if the seller doesn't have anything else I need.

I hear you on having to pay each individual seller. It gets to be a pain when even a base card is $1. Yeah, it's only $1, but it adds up quickly.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
craiger122003 said:
Yes it is hence No autos lol they go for 120 usually at lowball end
i will get one sooner or later ;) just waiting for the right deal
Thats why i am trying to bulk up my Rasmus collection (cheaper) you got any? lol

No Rasmus here. Anything that is not Greene is sold to buy more Greene. I am waiting for Kouzmanoff to get on a hot streak so I can sell a ton of his 2003 UDPP for a meager profit and buy more Greene. As of now, the Nelson Cruz Refractor I got while on my Spring Training trip will add about $10 to my Greene quest. Such is the life of the player collector on a limited budget.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
muskiesfan said:
You have an incredible collection Anthony. Good luck getting to 500!

Joe

Thanks very much. Based on what I now have incoming I need about 15 more different cards. Shouldn't be too hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts