Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most Underrated Player in all of baseball!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
edf0bf2b-6e60-41bd-9991-bf4ff9e7cee9_ms-729645.jpeg

Huge Track and Field Inivtational meet in the morning, 'nite

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
are we talking hobby-wise or just flat out in baseball. either way your choice is opinionated. sure bengie doesn't strike out much and is a great defensive catcher but that doesn't make him underrated.

if we are talking hobby, it is ian kinsler hands down. that guy puts up some crazy numbers yet you can buy an auto of his for like $4-$5

if we are talking the game of baselll itself, i'll have to go with Ben Zobrist of the Rays. he does wonders for that team, defining the term "utility" while being able to flat out hit.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
I think Mike Cuddyer is one of the most underrated players in baseball. I dont know about the most underrated but he is near the top.

Seriously? As a Twins fan, I would trade Cuddyer and his overpaid contract for a bag of baseballs. He had 1 fluke year in '06.

Most underrated? I would say O-dog, Orlando Hudson. He has posted back-to-back-to-back 800+ OPS seasons. He also gives you good/great defense.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
nikateen said:
moxacaine said:
I think Mike Cuddyer is one of the most underrated players in baseball. I dont know about the most underrated but he is near the top.

Seriously? As a Twins fan, I would trade Cuddyer and his overpaid contract for a bag of baseballs. He had 1 fluke year in '06.

Most underrated? I would say O-dog, Orlando Hudson. He has posted back-to-back-to-back 800+ OPS seasons. He also gives you good/great defense.

Just because he is over paid does not mean he cant be underrated. 06 was not a fluke. He has just been held back from injuries.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Give a shout out to Berkman and Oswalt. Berkman has a higher career OPS than A-Rod, and Oswalt is 4th among active SP in ERA+. Trust me all the guys ahead of him get more praise...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm gonna say Roy Halladay. Sure, we all know he can be great, but look at his numbers, then honestly ask yourself if it takes you more than a few minutes to think of him when discussion the top 10 pitchers in the game. Because it shouldn't take that long...he's top 5 in the MLB based on consistancy alone.

I don't know if it's the injury that now has people waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Also, even though I don't much care for him, I think Carlos Lee is pretty underrated. Sure, he's a poor defender even at his position, but again, you can't argue with his consistancy and power.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
nikateen said:
moxacaine said:

Just because he is over paid does not mean he cant be underrated. 06 was not a fluke. He has just been held back from injuries.

'06 was definitely a fluke. It's the only year in his career where he had a OPS higher than 800.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
hive17 said:
I'm gonna say Roy Halladay. Sure, we all know he can be great, but look at his numbers, then honestly ask yourself if it takes you more than a few minutes to think of him when discussion the top 10 pitchers in the game. Because it shouldn't take that long...he's top 5 in the MLB based on consistancy alone.

I don't know if it's the injury that now has people waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Also, even though I don't much care for him, I think Carlos Lee is pretty underrated. Sure, he's a poor defender even at his position, but again, you can't argue with his consistancy and power.

+1.

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts