Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ricky Romero is DEALING again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I gotta admit, I am perplexed on how well he is doing so far this year. I was certainly ready to give up on him....

6 1/3 4 hits 6 k's so far

Keep it going Ricky. I wish i would have stocked up when he was DIRT CHEAP

skrip

braden

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I gotta admit, I am perplexed on how well he is doing so far this year. I was certainly ready to give up on him....

6 1/3 4 hits 6 k's so far

Keep it going Ricky. I wish i would have stocked up when he was DIRT CHEAP

skrip

Totally confusing. To think, he'd have been in minor league camp in mid-March if Arnsberg hadn't stepped in and said, "I think I can fix this."

I had completely given up on Romero being any more than a middle reliever midway through last year.

EDIT: In fact, I was so through with him that I completely forgot I have a ton of his USA and BC stuff. Huh.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure why you would have given up on him. He is still only 24 and when he got called up to AAA last season he did well. Ricky has been fighting injuries the past 2 seasons, he is finally fully healthy.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I'm loving the good, fresh arms we're seeing this year:

Romero, Volstad, Greinke, Billingsley, Kershaw, Josh Johnson, etc. etc.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
nikateen said:
Not sure why you would have given up on him. He is still only 24 and when he got called up to AAA last season he did well. Ricky has been fighting injuries the past 2 seasons, he is finally fully healthy.

I've followed him quite closely, even writing two features on him for a website.

Until a brief stint last year, Romero had never shown any signs of being a major leaguer. The only things he had on his side were age and being a lefty. But there was no indication that he could a) figure out his control or b) remain consistent.

It's not even like he gradually got better. He was rocked in his spring training debut and was destined for minor league camp by mid-March. He wasn't even great the rest of the way, the Jays just needed some pitchers.

I'm shocked, relieved, and mighty pleased for the guy. Hopefully he can keep it up.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
nikateen said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2cimatz3]Good to see a 25 year old pitcher come up and get some hobby love.

I think the idea is that prospects don't always have to be 22 years old when they debut in the majors. There is nothing wrong with debuting as a 24, 25 or 26 year old.[/quote:2cimatz3]

Someone gets me. Yea, I saw he was born in '84. I just assumed he was 25. Either way. What he said.

Latest posts