Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is This a Joke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
i think its very laughable. now im very glad the team is stcking behind its rules and not allowing even their best players to get away with anything. but honestly, they could have overlooked this because he is helping out the community.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I just got back from my school's DC trip, and we went to the Thursday night game (also known as, The Win).
I didn't get to see the statues mentioned in the story, but that ballpark is absolutely beautiful. Too bad the franchise is in such disarray. At some point, Dukes will just throw up his hands, Zimmerman will demand a trade, and Strasburg will play a year of Independent League.

Oh, and for whatever reason, they played "Sweet Caroline" in the 8th. The only thing worse than that ******* song being played in Boston is the dumber-ass move of stealing it for another park.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Like it mentioned, eventually enough is enough

They sent Lastings M down due to not only performance but also a couple of incidents
They need to stay consistant with their tough love

Sure he was five minutes late and doing stuff with little league team but I'm sure there's more to the story that we don't know aboutI doubt the team organizers would allow/plan a little league clinic involving player(s) and leave such a small time window
Did he go straight from the LL clinic to the stadium? Was there a pitstop? Who knows? We don't. Like I said, there's more to the story that we don't know

They put their foot down with LastingsM so they basically had no choice when another youngster broke a team rule/violation

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
This is absolutely ridiculous. It actually frustrates me that the Nats would do this to Dukes. Arguably their best player at the moment is 5 minutes late because hes helping out the community in a little league game for the organization. So what do you do to the one guy thats been productive and is trying to get his life back on track. Sure lets bench him and fine him, wow great move Nats i hope you keep losing ahaha

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
kentuckyderby said:
Like it mentioned, eventually enough is enough

They sent Lastings M down due to not only performance but also a couple of incidents
They need to stay consistant with their tough love

Sure he was five minutes late and doing stuff with little league team but I'm sure there's more to the story that we don't know about
I doubt the team organizers would allow/plan a little league clinic involving player(s) and leave such a small time window
Did he go straight from the LL clinic to the stadium? Was there a pitstop? Who knows? We don't. Like I said, there's more to the story that we don't know

They put their foot down with LastingsM so they basically had no choice when another youngster broke a team rule/violation

I think regardless you have to turn a blind eye to this. The stroy goes he was late bercause he was helping out a little league team. Thats all we know and that all we can take form it. We dont know if he stopped somewhere else so we cant assume that.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I guess bad luck just follows E-Dukes wherever he goes. The one time he's actually doing the right thing, he still gets in trouble :lol:
Isn't the purpose of community service to show that giving back to the community is bigger than the game? Kind of sends the wrong message if they won't make an exception like that.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Might just be a dont do it again. Make a point on the big guys so the little guys do not feel they have the option.

What is he going to get? 1 game on the bench maybe and a $500 fine. He is way low on the income scale but still makes $2500 a game. Set an example and do not let anyone bend the rules.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I actually have no problem with it.

Dukes and his previous behavior has warranted this type of extremely rigid structure.

In a couple years, Dukes will be able to slide on things like this, but until then...he knows he has to except it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I think they did this so there case against Lastings Milledge
will not hold up if the union files a grievance against the team for his demotion
This way they can say they are consist with the team rules.

But I do say that is a joke, but so is the Nationals right now anyway.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Pine Tar said:
I think they did this so there case against Lastings Milledge
will not hold up if the union files a grievance against the team for his demotion
This way they can say they are consist with the team rules.

But I do say that is a joke, but so is the Nationals right now anyway.

They also just blew a lead to Florida

I agree that the Milledge situation and Dukes' "history" may have forced them to play their hand this way

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I can't believe they can't even get the jerseys right. Although, i bet if they sold them spelled wrong like that those would go for big money on MLB.com auctions.

Members online

Latest posts