Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone else sick of this ESPN love affair with M. Sanchez

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
What's the deal with this? ESPN has done multiple pieces about Sanchez "off the field." Who cares?? There is nothing like this about Stafford, Curry or Smith, who are the three guys the Lions are considering for #1. What is the fascination with this guy? I hear more about him than any other prospect. He's nowhere near the player that Palmer or Leinart were in college.
I can't wait for the draft so I don't need to hear about this guy anymore.

G

Ryo1549 said:
USC......they are bias towards USC..

pft....if Crabtree wasn't babying (***** footin'...literally) he might be all over ESPN ;)

Loveyoo Nate!!!

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
If they are biased towards USC, why don't the linebackers they have coming out get the same pub? I think Maualuga will be the best pro of the group, and Matthews and Cushing will be better than Sanchez.

G

I want to know who this guy's agent is....because he sure is getting Sanchez tons of face time.....he's on radio shows....has a deal with Sprint....he's making money already and doesn't even have an NFL contract....his agent has been busy!!!

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
trojanfan43 said:
I want to know who this guy's agent is....because he sure is getting Sanchez tons of face time.....he's on radio shows....has a deal with Sprint....he's making money already and doesn't even have an NFL contract....his agent has been busy!!!
You're not his agent?
:x

G

Wehttam6 said:
trojanfan43 said:
You're not his agent?
:x

I wish....my PC would be a whole lot nicer with all of the money I'd make :cry:

vaughn

Mar 31, 2009
Oxford,Ms
im incredibly sick of it... its just the way it is when a USC qb comes out. I mean, honestly, if you can't succeed at USC @ QB then you can't succeed anywhere... i mean every athelete in the country wants to play for USC.

I'm also sick of hearing about Stafford... all the talent that team had/has and they still can't get it together, c'mon. I really hope the Lions don't take a qb at #1 from this crop... they should try to fill their holes, double their wins from last year :lol: and draft tebow.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
vaughn said:
im incredibly sick of it... its just the way it is when a USC qb comes out. I mean, honestly, if you can't succeed at USC @ QB then you can't succeed anywhere... i mean every athelete in the country wants to play for USC.

I'm also sick of hearing about Stafford... all the talent that team had/has and they still can't get it together, c'mon. I really hope the Lions don't take a qb at #1 from this crop... they should try to fill their holes, double their wins from last year :lol: and draft tebow.

Carson Palmer didn't get much love when he came out. Leinart and Reggie Bush, that's a different story.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
vaughn said:

I follow the draft very closely, and I couldn't tell you much about Stafford other than scouting report stuff. While I don't think he's really #1 overall material, I think he will be a better player than Sanchez. Stafford is the likely top pick and seems like an afterthought if you watch ESPN.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
flightposite said:
I put Stafford as the 3rd QB. Really don't like him much at all.
Who do you have above him? Freeman??

Yep. Not a terribly big fan, I just don't think Stafford is going to be good. Maybe i'm an idiot, I don't know. I sure wouldn't put $50 mil into Stafford.

G

vaughn said:

I hope you are joking with the Tebow comment....if that guy comes out next year.....he won't be a 1st rounder.....unless he does TE or FB drills at the Combine and Florida's Pro Day....that guy ain't no QB......not a pro one anyway.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
flightposite said:
I put Stafford as the 3rd QB. Really don't like him much at all.
Who do you have above him? Freeman??

Yep. Not a terribly big fan, I just don't think Stafford is going to be good. Maybe i'm an idiot, I don't know. I sure wouldn't put $50 mil into Stafford.
I wouldn't put $50mil in any of the three. I just think Stafford has the best chance because of his arm and work ethic. I don't think any of them will do a whole lot. Sanchez is probably most fit to play today purely because of the system he comes from, but I don't think he will be anything special in the long run. Stafford has the tools, but I didn't see much out of him last year to see that he had NFL decision making.

vaughn

Mar 31, 2009
Oxford,Ms
trojanfan43 said:
vaughn said:

I hope you are joking with the Tebow comment....if that guy comes out next year.....he won't be a 1st rounder.....unless he does TE or FB drills at the Combine and Florida's Pro Day....that guy ain't no QB......not a pro one anyway.

I'm so glad we got a QB expert on these boards guys... Thankgod someone here can actually tell us the future about who is a "pro" qb and who isn't.

Tebow 2008
CMP..ATT..YDS....CMP%...YPA...LNG...TD...INT...SACK...RAT

That's not including his 12 rushing TD's... so for the ill-equipped, thats 42 touchdowns in 2008 alone. YEAH HE DEFINATELY WON'T BE A FIRST ROUNDER... 42 TOUCHDOWNS.

here's some big ben stats (say what you want he's a two time superbowl champ and the closest comparison i can make) COLLEGE:

Passing............................Rushing
CO...Att...%Com...Yds...TD...Int...Att...Yds...TD...Avg
255..396....64.4...3034...21...11....70...-77....1....-1.1

Matt Stafford in 2008 had 25 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD with a comp. percentage of 61.4, but he's a first rounder right?

Sanchez in 2008 had 34 passing TD's and 3 rushing TD's with a comp. percentage of 65.8.

(let's not forget Sanchez plays in the Wack 10, i mean pac 10, with all the talent in the world on his team)

I mean should i continue? Tebow plays in what is consistently the most competitive and talented conference and scored more combined touchdowns than both of these first round quarterbacks.

G

vaughn said:
trojanfan43 said:
vaughn said:

I'm so glad we got a QB expert on these boards guys... Thankgod someone here can actually tell us the future about who is a "pro" qb and who isn't.

Tebow 2008
CMP..ATT..YDS....CMP%...YPA...LNG...TD...INT...SACK...RAT

That's not including his 12 rushing TD's... so for the ill-equipped, thats 42 touchdowns in 2008 alone. YEAH HE DEFINATELY WON'T BE A FIRST ROUNDER... 42 TOUCHDOWNS.

here's some big ben stats (say what you want he's a two time superbowl champ and the closest comparison i can make) COLLEGE:

Passing............................Rushing
CO...Att...%Com...Yds...TD...Int...Att...Yds...TD...Avg
255..396....64.4...3034...21...11....70...-77....1....-1.1

SEC this....SEC that....you are clearly a homer and will defend every aspect of that conference to anyone who is an outsider.......the guy was surrounded by talent and played in the SEC East...the weaker side of the SEC......barely edging out Georgia to play Alabama in the Championship......the only good team they played from the West was Ole' Miss until they played in the SEC championship.....and you want to call me idiotic???

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ehhh

I think Tebow is better than you think man. There are a few NFL teams who wanted him this year as a quarterback, including Minnesota. This could be the year he puts a ! on his game. I for one want him to hurry the hell up and get out of the SEC.

Members online

Latest posts